Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Purchasing A New Gym Bag!!

Hello friends and readers and loves and family and weigh-in-linkers and whoever-else-might-have-stumbled-here-today peoples! It's Wednesday. How have y'all's weeks been going so far? Has the extra positivity from Monday helped shape a better week for you? I think it did for me! I will definitely be trying that out again next week, and greeting Monday with a positive outlook, in order to create a better day for myself. Anyways  since it's Wednesday, today of course I'll weigh-in with Alex & Erin, and talk all about my weight loss journey!


Initial Starting Weight = 227
January Starting Weight = 217
Last Week, April 3 = 192
Today, April 10 = 190

And that means two pounds gone in the last week! And of course I'm so grateful for that! Because as I reported last week, I was still big-time slacking in the workout department since last Wednesday. Jeff's twins were still here through Saturday, and I just didn't do anything the whole time they were here. And I was completely OK with that. I did try to still eat as good as possible, while still enjoying the fun things we were doing with them. (Popcorn at the movies, some extra chips at our weekly "Taco Tuesday", some Reese's eggs left over from Easter...) But for the most part, I ate pretty healthy, and managed to lose even with minimal exercise.

Monday I got back in my routine and walked 3 miles with my Aunt Suzanne during our lunch break (burned 420 calories), and it is definitely getting hot here in Florida people. Then last night, my regular routine definitely kicked back into gear with a 1-mile run and 60 minutes of Zumba (burned 857 total calories). Today at lunch I'm trying out something new with my aunt, and doing an ab class at the building across the street from our office. Should be interesting! And of course tonight after work I'll be doing something, I just haven't decided what yet. Should I run two miles? Or just run one and do the 30 Day Shred as well? Don't know yet...

A few things: these compression pants made my legs look awesome; couldn't find my hair tie yet; & this was last night.
And, that's about all I've got for you today, since I haven't really been up to too much, workout-wise. Hopefully next week I'll be back again with another loss, and back to my regular workout schedule/routine! Looking forward to jumping back on this bandwagon. The 180's are sooooo close, it's almost painful. And I'm soooo ready for that! I literally can't remember that last time I saw something like that on the scale, so I'm more than ready to get there again. 

Also, I had set a goal for myself, that once I reached 190, I would buy myself a proper gym bag instead of the reusable Publix grocery bag I've been rockin' for the past four months. Well now I'd say it's definitely time for Purchasing A New Gym Bag! Hopefully this weekend I can grab one. Hooray for reaching short-term goals!!

And then I think my next goal will be to buy myself two new workout tank tops once I reach 185. It's already in the 80's here daily, so before we know it, it'll be in the upper 90's consistently. And I need some cooler clothes to workout in. And my t-shirts are all getting so big and baggy now anyways. Maybe I'll do that fancy thing I've seen on Pinterest where you turn an old t-shirt into a tank top - y'all know what I'm talking about? Guess I need to actually go find that pin again so I can see how to do it! And then with another 5 pound loss, I'll buy myself some workout tank tops!

11 comments:

Becky said...

Woohooo new workout bag! Way to reach your goal!! :) I bet the 180s will be here before you know it - you're doing great!!

Sarah said...

Great job on your weight loss this week!

Stephanie + Walter said...

Funny, I tried to be positive on Monday but it was such a horrible day for me that it just didn't work. But yesterday and today (so far) have been super great! :)

Alexandra Nicole said...

You are loosing so steadily && kicking ass! Keep it up sistaaa!

CrierCrush said...

Congrats Halie!! I splurged on a gym bag a few years ago from Lululemon and while I had sticker shock and buyers remorse for a few weeks after buying it .... 3 years later, I could not be happier with my decision! Lulu thought of EVERYTHING when they made my bag ... even including a place for a laptop (they know me so well!)

All I'm saying is ... buy for the long term, you won't regret it!

And in the words of my mother ... "It's ALWAYS all about the gear" ;)

Kadi @ Sheer Serendipity said...

post pics of the one you get! I bet it will be super cute! Way to go on the weight loss and all of the calories burned!

The Nanny Jenny said...

Girl you look fantastic! Way to go getting to 190 the 180s will be there waiting for you next week for sure, especially if you bump up that exercise :)

Dara said...

another 2 pounds, wow! you are awesome!

ms.composure said...

good job girl!!!
yes i always reward myself with new gym stuff when i reach my goals. my next treat will be a yoga mat!!

http://mscomposure.blogspot.com
http://www.infinitelifefitness.com

13.1 Miles to Disney said...

Congrats on meeting a goal! It's such a great feeling when that happens. I feel you on it getting warm now. I had to get up early to do my run this morning b/c I knew it wasn't going to happen after work when it was 80 degrees. It was still almost too hot when the sun was coming up!

13point1milestodisney.com

Miranda said...

Girl, you are rocking it! You deserve that gym bag!