Monday, April 29, 2013

Panera, Shopping, Po'Boys & Games

I'm freezing in my office, my back is sore for some reason, I'm not quite awake yet, and it's Monday morning. I'm feelin' kinda rough right now....I had a great weekend though, so of course in typical blogger fashion, I'll be sharing all about the weekend on the blog this morning. I mean, what else would you expect?

FRIDAY
Although not technically considered the weekend yet, at lunch, I went with my parents to a new BBQ place here in town that they love and I hadn't tried yet, Sweet Rack Rib Shack. It's been forever and I just kept not getting to go, but it was soooo good. Definitely need to take Jeff there sometime soon, because I know he'll love it too! I got a 'kids meal' with pulled pork sammy and mac-n-cheese. It was delish.



After work, I went to Jeff's house to get changed, then I ran a mile around his neighborhood, and then did a couple of circuit-training things to target my thighs, abs, and waist. Just a quick little workout, but it was better than nothing at all, am I right?!


Then we spent the rest of the evening at our friend Lacey's house, playing games, making dinner, laughing and having fun. We played girls-vs-boys Pictionary, and as usual, Lacey and I killed it and beat the boys :)


SATURDAY
My Mama and I got up and got ready, and drove just a little bit north to Thomasville, Georgia, to go shopping at The New Image. It's a little shop that sells bridal, formal, and mother-of-the-bride dresses. She was looking for a dress for my sister's upcoming wedding, and I got to try on some more wedding dresses!! (And I think we found a really great contender!!) Then we had to go help out with some craft stuff for the lady who altered my sister's wedding dress (too confusing to explain what we were doing...). Later, my mama and I went shopping again trying to find her a dress, but with no luck. I did however buy the other half of Megan's graduation present, so that was good! 

Then Saturday evening, Jeff and I had a great little dinner at Panera, where we sat outside in the lovely weather, then we just spent the rest of the night hanging out at his house, relaxing, I painted my nails, and we got caught up on episodes of "The New Girl" and "Big Bang Theory!"

SUNDAY
Sunday school, big church, lunch with my parents, and then the fourth and final wedding shower for my sister, given by her fiance's church. Then later that afternoon, Jeff and I, and his friend Len, went back to Leah's house (who just recently finished massage therapy school and she gave us massages back in February), for some massages! It was great and it felt so very nice. And while it wasn't my turn, I was actually reading in my book, "The Host," and I went from page 50 to about 120 now! Look at me go... It was about 8 p.m. by the time we finally left her house, so we went to Po'Boys to grab some dinner and just hang out! It was lots of fun, and it was actually Len's birthday, so he had a great day, getting his very first massage ever, on his birthday, for free! And of course I loved getting one too, whether it was my birthday or not :)

I kinda forgot to take any pictures of anything at all on Saturday and Sunday, so unfortunately, the only ones I have from the weekend are the few from Friday afternoon. At least I also had that Vine video to sneak in there too! (Follow me at HalieRenee88 - I changed it to actually be that now, since it wasn't before for some reason...) But since I didn't have a lot of pictures, I decided to share another engagement picture from our amazing photographer Phil Pullen :) This one is my absolute favorite one!


Hope y'alls weekends were good, and that your Monday is off to a bit of a better start than mine. And don't forget tomorrow is when Hallie and I are sharing the news about our link-up and how it's going to be changing a bit! Can't wait! Happy Monday ladies!

Linking up today with Covered in Grace, Sami's Shenanigans and Synfully Delicious.

10 comments:

Ech and Will said...

Aww that picture is super cute! I can see why it's your favorite!

Stephanie said...

Sounds like an awesome weekend! I want some pulled pork! Yummy! And that engagement photo is adorable :)

Adrienne @ BlackWhiteColor said...

Omg. Look how absolutely amazing that picture is!! So cute!!! My stomach literally just growled extremely loudly after seeing that pulled pork yum!!!! Looks like an awesome weekend!
I started a new fashion linkup called trending pretty. It is
On Wednesdays! This week is week 2. Would love to have you if you'd like!

Pia J said...

Love that last picture.
So adorable!

Pia
pjmscloset.blogspot.ca

Michelle said...

Look at you love birds owwww so cute :) Sounds like you had a fabulous weekend!

Emily said...

I loved that Vine video!!! I always thought that was kinda silly...but using it in a blog post makes it seem fun!

And yay for trying on wedding dresses!

Megan Colwell said...

You are precious, lady. I miss BBQ so much. Living in Kansas City, the BBQ headquarters, it's difficult to stay away from. But I need to to get into the bikini! Did you make that GIF? Please tell me how you did that!

Wanna follow each other?
The Nautical Owl
Facebook
Etsy
Twitter

Tori G said...

Love that picture! What a great weekend!
Stop by some time
http://styledlikearockstar.blogspot.com

Lea said...

I love getting the kids meals! I find they are always the perfect portion size.

13.1 Miles to Disney said...

Sounds like a great weekend! I love your engagement photo. So adorable!