Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Path of Determination

Half-way through another week. That is a good thing, because we're closer to the weekend; but also a not-so-good thing, because that means that our week with Jeff's twins is just flying by too quickly! But our time with them so far has been great and we've had lots of fun. We even had the marriage/engaged talk with them last night, and it went well! They did have some questions, but we think they understand what's happening now :)

But anyways, since today is Wednesday, that means it's time for another link-up with Erin & Alex to weigh-in.


Initial Starting Weight = 227
January Starting Weight = 217
Last Week, March 27 = 194
Today, April 3 = 192

Do you guys know what this means?! It means I lost 2 pounds this last week. And this means that since January, I've lost 25 pounds!! And I've lost 35 total since my highest weight!! And this also means I'm back down to my (most recent) lowest, when I first lost all this and weighed 192 in August 2011. This means it's time to get even more serious about this. I CAN'T WAIT to see that scale hit the 180's! That will be something I haven't seen in lord-knows-how-long!?!! I'm extremely pumped, if you couldn't tell.

The funny thing is, I'm not really sure I "deserved" to lose two pounds this week! I mean, I worked out last Wednesday (1 mile & 30 Day Shred) and Thursday (1 mile & Zumba), but that's all. Haven't done a single thing since then. For my non-scale victory of the week though, I set a new PR for my 1-mile run, at 12:49. My previous fastest time had been 12:58, so that's 9 seconds faster! And I was wearing the penguin shirt again, so I'm sure that had something to do with it!! :)


And just for another, random non-scale victory - I looked pretty good in some dresses at Ross yesterday :) I was looking for a new one for our engagement pictures this Friday, and I bought two, not knowing which one I liked better. I tried them both on for Jeff last night, and he liked both of them, and thought I should keep both, and probably wear both for our pictures as well! Then I put the picture below on Instagram last night (@HalieRenee88), and got great feedback on both of them! You guys really know how to boost a girls' self-esteem :) A lot of the comments agreed that I should wear both, but the majority of them were in favor of the navy one on the right! And I think that's honestly my favorite one too. I love the way it fits, and I love the crochet/lace details of it, and the fun sleeves! But I also just really love the peachy/coral color of the other one too!
I won't be wearing those flip-flops with the dresses though! Picture some cute gold sandals most likely ;)

So a quick recap - I lost two pounds since last week! I've lost 25 pounds in the last three months!! And I've lost 35 pounds total!! I set a new PR for my 1-mile, and I'm liking the way my body looks in cute dresses even more now :) I'd say all-in-all, things are really going good for me right now on this weight-loss journey! I've just got to keep up my motivation and inspiration, and keep working towards my goals! I just need to make sure I stay focused on this Path of Determination, in order to continue getting healthier!!

20 comments:

Stephanie + Walter said...

Woohoo! You're looking good lady! :)

Becky said...

Those dresses look awesome on you!!!! Way to go Halie!! :)

Angie Bean said...

Love both of those dresses!! Where are you doing your photos? We're doing ours in a couple of weeks in St. Augustine :)

Amanda said...

way to go!! you look great!! I can't wait till I'm far away from those 200's!

www.mamakiebler.blogspot.com

Nadine Lynn said...

Congrats on the 2 lbs, and I am loving these dresses! They are both so cute!

Jen@runfortheboys said...

I've heard it said "You get fit in the gym, and lose weight in the kitchen." Soooo, you are doing well with your food choices if your weight is still trending down and your exercise program will make you like what you see when you look in the mirror! The dresses are so cute! I love the navy contrast of dark color against your hair (from a photog's perspective) :)

Ricci said...

Oh my goodness you just ROCK Halie!!!!!! I get sooooo excited when I read your updates :) and I seriously LOVE the navy dress!! It's sooooo pretty and just a good classic dress!!! Can't wait to see your engagement pics!! :)

Kindra Guy said...

That's so awesome! You're looking great. I just found your blog a few weeks ago and I have to say you are quickly becoming one of my favorites!

Lora said...

WOW! way to go, you are doing awesome! keep up the good work!

Cammie Smith said...

you're doing great!! way to go!

Rachel said...

Yay, congrats on the weight loss! Both of those dresses look great on you!!

Katy E said...

Great work! You are very inspiring to me. I love the navy dress!

BrandiH said...

Awesome loss! You'll be in the 180s in no time!

How did I miss that IG, you look great in both of them!

Robin said...

You're doing such a great job! I'm glad your discussion with the twins went well.

Cassandra said...

Wow! Once again you inspire me! You have actually inspired me to start my own diet/weight loss program that I'm chronicling on my blog :)
. I'm on day 3 and so far so good.

I love both of the dress and I think either will look amazing for your engagement photos. I'm partial to lace though so I agree with the majority!

www.thelyriclocket.com

Unknown said...

Such a rockstar you are!!! :) Congrats on the 2 lb's!! I hope I can report some weight loss week, I've been doing so good!!

I LOVE both those dresses too, but girlll navy is your color! You are ROCKING it!

klh said...

you are ROCKIN'! Keep it up!

Dara said...

wow that is amazing!!
how old are the twins?

Frances Kendrick said...

You are doing fabulous!! Fantastic loss this week!!

I really like both dresses....you really look great in both!!

Have a wonderful weekend!!!

Megan said...

So proud of you chicka!!!! Can't wait to see those engagement pics! Love you!