Monday, April 22, 2013

Puddles & Pictures & Play Time

So far this Monday morning is off to a pretty great start (despite my lack of sleep), because I'm still coming down off my high from an amazing weekend!! Jeff and I drove over to St. Augustine for the weekend, and we were able to spend some amazing time with my wonderful friends from college, but we were also able to finally take some engagement pictures!!!

FRIDAY
Left right after work and Jeff and I drove over to St. Augustine
Met up with Kaley, Dani, Jenni and Cally and had dinner at Mango, Mango's - one of our favorites!
Went back to the girls' house to play cards and laugh and have fun


SATURDAY
Woke up semi-early, got ready, grabbed Dunkin Donuts coffee and met our wonderful photographer! (Jeff's uncle!)
Spent the hours of 9:30 am - 3:30 pm dodging the rain and tons of puddles and taking pictures
We also had a yummy lunch with Uncle Phil and Aunt Tammy at Cruisers, another favorite of ourse!
Came back to the girls' house to rest for a while, Facebook stalked people, chatted, Jeff napped, ate a snack
Got ready and went downtown to eat at our friends' restaurant, Catch 27, that he just opened in January!
Went next door for some yummy desserts from Bon Ami
Bundled ourselves up for winter weather, and sat on the beach for an hour or so just talking and laughing
Went back to the girls' house, where more friends joined us, and we just hung out and had so much fun together!
Made a couple Vine videos, and VidRhythm videos, and stayed up wayyy too late being silly


SUNDAY
Luckily everyone was able to sleep in a little bit, then we got showered and dressed and had brunch at Cafe 11
Hung out at the house for a bit, packed our stuff up, then Jeff and I wandered around downtown for a while
We stopped for a coffee break, then hit the road back to Tally!
It was super windy and a bit rainy still, so we drove home slow and finally got back around 8:30 last night
Got some essentials from Publix, and a turkey sub from Jersey Mikes, then went to Jeff's house
And our photographer was already done editing and had uploaded all our pics already!
Sat around looking at the 60 beautiful images Phil & Tammy created for us, in such awe how they turned out!


This past weekend truly was amazing! We had such great times with my awesome friends, had an wonderful photo shoot with some talented family photographers, and got to spend quality time with people we love. We both felt so happy and blessed after such a great weekend! Oh, and in case you missed the subtle hint up there, I finally jumped on the bandwagon for Vine (about a million years late), and I'm loving it so far. Already can't wait to take some more random videos! (Search for me with my Twitter name, "HalieRenee88" - I think that's how I signed up for it...?) Also, my friends and I all love Instagram, so here's a collage of all of our IG pics from the weekend! Ooooh - and we found a new app we like a lot too, called InstaPlace, that is pretty neat. Those are the top left and bottom right corners below.


At some point, I will be writing a much more detailed post of the engagement picture session, because I definitely want to remember that day, but it's a lot and I want to save that for later. And of course I'll be sharing more of the pictures, but I want to keep some of them a surprise for now. (The very middle of the above collage is my favorite from the day.) I will however give you a little sneak peek preview of them though, with another one of our favorites!


So to recap - we had an amazing weekend, we now have beautiful engagement pictures, I love my friends from Flagler so so much, and I love my fiance so so much too! I am a very blessed woman.

Linking up today with Covered in Grace, Sami's Shenanigans & Synfully Delicious.

12 comments:

Becky said...

Awww sounds like you couldn't of had a better weekend!! Can't wait to see the engagements pictures - the last one is so cute! :)

Stephanie said...

Sounds like such an awesome weekend!!! Can't wait to see all the engagement pictures! :)

Robin said...

I'm glad you used the dark blue dress in one of your engagement pictures, it looks great! You two are so sweet together.

The Nanny Jenny said...

It looks like you had a such a good weekend! I am headed back to St Aug in a few weeks and cannot wait, mainly for all the food that I want to eat haha.

That's What She Read said...

what a fun post, it looks like you had so much fun! Your smile was contagious! I can't wait to see more engagement photos!!

Megan said...

Cute pictures! I love the Harry Potter book in your last picture! I can't wait to see the rest!

Kate said...

I can't wait to see the rest of your E pics! As soon as you mentioned the photo shoot, I was impatiently looking for a sneak peek! :)

Dara said...

ah! the sneak peaks are so exciting! sounds like you had another great weekend, and lol I just typo'd weekend as wedding!

Andrea H. said...

Love the sneak peek. Too cute!

Brittany Goodnight said...

What a fun weekend! How awesome on taking engagement pictures!! May I also tell you that Penguins are my favorite animal and I just love it's in your blog title :)

Kayla Nelms said...

This is so cute!

Deanna @The Peony Princess said...

The picture of you two and the books is so adorable! Reminds me of my boyfriend and I, we are constantly reading and sharing books!