Friday, April 26, 2013

Proposing To My Bridesmaids!

Happy Friday lovely ladies! I'm real glad to see Friday, and even more glad that you pretties have joined me today in my little part of blog-world! :) Because today, for the first time, I'll be sharing some of our wedding planning stuff with y'all! And I'm just so dang excited about it!

I'm sure we've all seen those cutesy things on Pinterest that have become so popular these days right? About asking your bridesmaids in a cute, special way? Well I definitely loved that idea and wanted to do it my own way. So as I mentioned before, we are doing a beach wedding, and wanted my bridesmaids gift to match our beach theme! So here's what I gave each one of them...
 

I found those cute little blue containers in the dollar spot at Target. Then I just added some tissue paper in it, because they're much bigger than they look! I of course wanted to include some nail polish, since I love it so much, so I chose a blue color that had something to do with the ocean, (I think?). I also gave each of them a silver bracelet/anklet with a little anchor charm on it. And then my favorite part of this was the message in a bottle that we made!


We got those cute little bottles at Hobby Lobby. They were marked $1.99, but all glass was 50% off that week, so they were just $1 each! Awesome right?! The sand is from Shell Point here in Florida that we had gathered and saved from a couple of weeks ago, because I knew I wanted to do something like this. And we also bought those tiny shells from Hobby Lobby too. (We had some we collected, but none tiny enough to fit in the jars.) Then I wrote them each a nice little card, and included a paint sample of our wedding colors, and that was that!

Oh, and the paper in the bottle is an actual message that I put in there myself! We ripped and crumbled tiny pieces of paper, and I wrote a cute poem on them that I wrote just for them :)

"The man I loved asked for my hand,
Now I'm asking YOU,
To stand by me in the sand!"


Some of them live here in town with me, and some of them live very far away - so I put three of the gifts in bags, and packed up two others to be shipped. I gave Megan her's first at home after church and lunch last Sunday, and officially asked her to be my Matron of Honor! (She's getting married in less than a month, so she'll be a matron then!) When she asked me to be her Maid of Honor last summer, she gave me a gorgeous gold watch that I love and wear every day now, so I of course wanted to do something super special for her too. So I gave her a pair of diamond stud earrings! And she loved them :) And she said YES!

That line-up happened on accident, but it looks like "Small, Medium, Large" to me. :)
Here in town, the other two girls I wanted to ask were Sara and Lacey. The problem is, Sara is leaving for a year-long mission trip around the world in July, therefore she won't be able to attend our wedding :( But, I still really wanted to include her, so I made her a gift too, and asked her to be an honorary bridesmaid! So we met for dinner last Wednesday at Chick-fil-A, and she said YES! After dinner, I headed over to Lacey's house to give her her gift, and she said YES too! The two out-of-town gifts had been mailed already, and Bridget ended up getting hers the same day I talked to Lacey & Sara! I had her take a picture of herself and send it to me, since I couldn't get one of us together, because she said YES too! Jenni's took a bit longer for some reason, but she finally got it on Friday, and she made a collage of herself and the gift and sent it to me, and she very excitedly said YES as well!

Top L: Jenni    //    Top R: Sara    //    Bottom L: Lacey    //    Bottom R: Bridget

So now I finally officially have all of my bridesmaids on board for my wedding! And all of them were excited, and I'm so so glad that each of them said YES to my proposal! I can't wait until we get to do more stuff together, and we start just doing more wedding-related shopping and stuff! Ahh! This is so fun :)

Happy Friday my bloggy ladies! This weekend will be full of random, busy things, and Megan's final bridal shower, and hopefully I can clean my room up a bit :) Hope y'all have lovely Friday's and fabulous weekends!

16 comments:

Brianne said...

That is so cute!

Stephanie said...

Aww this is super cute!!! You are so creative!!

Megan said...

Love this idea!! The boxes were soooo cute!

I am glad they all said YES!

Where did you get the anchor jewelery?

Jessica @ City Sequins said...

SO cute! Love this idea! I was super excited when all of my bridesmaids got their presents and officially said yes too! :)

Kayla Nelms said...

THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


You know I'm in love!

Amy @ The Stitchin Mommy said...

Hi there! I found your blog through the Aloha Friday Blog Hop. I'm your newest follower. Have a great weekend!

-Amy
www.thestitchinmommy.com

Aimee P said...

That is the cutest idea! How sweet.
xoxo Aimee
bowsandbeau-ties.blogspot.com

Dara said...

that is so awesome. I wish I'd put more thought into stuff like this! I asked my best friend to be my moh the day I got engaged without even really thinking about it!

Kayla @ Keeping Up With Kayla said...

Love you, sweet friend!

Sarah said...

WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY cute :)

i love it!

Chelsea said...

What a cute idea! They turned out fabulous :)

Rachel said...

Too cute! I wish I would have proposed to my bridesmaids. I just asked them all over the phone since we live in different states. :)

Rachel said...

Too cute! I wish I would have proposed to my bridesmaids. I just asked them all over the phone since we live in different states. :)

Jenny B said...

I love the message in the bottle, its adorable! Def going to have to start following the blog now so I can see all the wedding details!!

Badluckjenn.blogspot.com

shel young said...

Hi stopping by from the aloha blog hop :)

this is such a cool idea! following you now through GFC, looking forward to reading more of your posts :)

Shel @ Sweet Petite

Andrea H. said...

Love the gifts! Looks like you have a great group of girls lined up for the big day :)