Friday, April 19, 2013

Potato Chips & Veggie Chips from Green Giant

Guys, I gotta be honest here - one of the things I love about blogging, is there are definitely some perks that go along with it. Well I've found a new (to me) perk, that I'm loving after only my first go-round of it. I'm now a BzzAgent! This means that they send me things to try out and review, and then I give my honest opinion of the product to people in my real life via word-of-mouth (and by letting them try it too), and also via my social media platforms like Twitter, Instagram and this here blog! And that's all I have to do. Try a product, talk about it, review it. And then I get to do it all again when they send me something else to try out ;) Pretty awesome deal, if you ask me.

The first thing I've gotten to try out has been the new snack from Green Giant - veggie chips! I was sent two flavors, and I love them both. I got to try Roasted Veggie Tortilla Chips in Zesty Cheddar flavor, and Multigrain Sweet Potato Chips in Sea Salt flavor. And they were both delicious! 


The chips are really light and not greasy at all, (unlike some other "regular" potato chips). And the taste of both of the flavors is actually really good. I also gave them to a couple other people to try as well, and they all liked them too! My aunt didn't know that Green Giant made snacks or chips, and so she was definitely interested in trying them out, and she really liked them! My fiance also really liked them too, and ended up eating quite a good portion of the big bag at the beach last weekend :)
 

I took all of the smaller sized bags to my office, and they made a great afternoon snack at work once my lunch started to wear off a bit. They tasted great (as I've already said), but the best part for me was that they didn't make me feel heavy or weighed down right before my workout, (which is always right after work). I could still run a mile and shake it at zumba, without that awful feeling of food sloshing around in my belly! (Sorry if that was TMI...)


I have one bag left, and I want to experiment with that bag a little bit. I want to try dipping them in some hummus or guacamole, or maybe crushing them up a bit and using them as a salad topping! And remember back in the day when you used to put chips on your sandwich? Well, let's be honest here people, Jeff and I still love to do that :) And I think these would be so yummy on a sammie too!

And since y'all know I'm trying to eat really healthy these days, and I count every single calorie, let's not forget to look at the nutrition facts. Only 110 calories for the little snack-size bag. That's a great deal in my book. And all the other stats (sodium, carbs, fat...) aren't bad either! Check 'em out for yourself below...


So yes, I was given these chips to review for free, but I honestly liked them, a lot. And now that I know they exist, and that they're delicious, I will definitely be buying some for myself in the very near future. I think they're a great little snack, and they sent me coupons for more, so I might as well use them, right!?! 

Have y'all ever tried these chips? Did you even know that Green Giant made snacks, and not just "actual" veggies? Are you interested in trying these? I think you should, because I think you'll like them! Let me know what you think :)

10 comments:

Stephanie said...

Mmmm I'm going to have to try these!!!

Lalaine H said...

thanks for sharing about this product! but i dont think ive seen them in stores yet

Delightful Ideas

$25 Sephora Gift Card Giveaway

Amber said...

I've gotta try these! I hate those greasy chips that feel heavy when you eat them!

Rachel Allnutt said...

I'm a new reader to your blog, but I love following it so far! Those chips look yummy, and I'm SO glad I'm not the only one who still puts chips on my sandwiches!! It just gives it something extra! I'll have to check these out :) Thanks for the review!

Andrea @ Love is... said...

I just became a BuzAgent too! I haven't gotten anything yet, but I'm so looking forward to it!

I had no idea Green Giant made these! It's good to know you liked them though! I'll have to find them, next time I'm out!

Ashley @ embracing the everyday said...

After seeing a few different bloggers post about these, I saw them at the store today & picked both flavors up! They are so good...love them both! Regular chips are too greasy to me and I'm always looking for a healthier variety!

That's What She Read said...

those sound amazing! I am headed over to Bzzz agent now! :)

Patricia Robertson said...

Bzzz Agent sounds like something I am going to have to check out. I am a new follower now and look forward to reading more of what your write or try.
Love
Patricia
www.thettdiaries.com

Michelle said...

Thats great news congratulations! I appreciate that you give honest reviews while still being funny and up front :)

Megan Reinbold said...

Love your nail color!