Thursday, April 18, 2013

Possibilities of When I Grow Up

When I grow up, there are many things I want to do, to be and to try. Some are totally realistic, some are just completely ridiculous dreams, that will probably never become a reality. And that's OK with me! Those things are just as fun and exciting to dream about too :) But there are definitely many things I want to do and be and see and experience that are completely attainable. Hopefully, if I'm lucky/determined/motivated enough, I can accomplish some of these! The Possibilities of When I Grow Up seem endless, but here are some that I'm more focused on...


When I grow up, I want to have a really cute house, with super cute decorations and knick-knacks and stuff.  And I want to be able to keep it relatively neat and tidy.

When I grow up, I want to own a DSLR camera, and know how to use it properly, and take really great pictures of all my family and friends.

When I grow up, I want to be able to visit all 50 states of the United States. 17 down, 33 to go. (Eh, I would be OK if I never made it to Alaska. I mean, it's just toooo cold there for this Florida girl.)

When I grow up, I want to pet a real live penguin.

When I grow up, I want to be a great mama and a great step-mom. (I'll officially be a step-mom in October!)


When I grow up, I want to be healthy, and maintain a semi-normal body weight and diet. (Is that too much to ask?!)

When I grow up, I want to get a decent paycheck. I mean, it's not only about money, but I'd just love to have a good amount of it, and not have to scrape the bottom of the barrel each month. And I'd also like to be able to afford fancy vacations like...

When I grow up, I want to go back to New York City again, and explore so much more. And see another Broadway play, or two or four. And find the bestest ever New York Cheesecake, and enjoy a slice, or two or four...

When I grow up, I would loooove to be able to travel to Europe someday. I'd like to be able to visit Paris, Switzerland, Ireland (for Jeff), and Italy (let's be honest, for the pizza and pasta we know I love!!)


When I grow up, I want to have a puppy of my very own! And love it and play with it and name it something really super cute and snuggle it and love it forever.

When I grow up, I want to host fabulous dinner parties for my group of friends, complete with all homemade food by yours truly, followed by fun games and lots of laughing.

When I grow up, I want to be a real runner. Like, run for more than just a mile or two, and actually like it. And maybe even experience this infamous "runner's high!?"

Mainly when I grow up though, I just want to enjoy my life! I want to be happy and healthy and still crazy in love with my wonderful husband, living with our adorable children, just having fun and creating a great life together. When I grow up, I want to love being a "grown-up" and all that goes along with it!

What do YOU want to do or be or try when you grow up?!

9 comments:

Robin said...

I know what you mean about the paycheck. They say you should be able to pay your rent or mortgage with one week of what your pay. I would like to be able to do that.

Stephanie said...

I want a penguin!!!!! And to visit all 50 states! :)

Helene said...

i just want to be happy and afford a liesurely lifestyle! is that too much to ask?!
Helene in Between

Megan Colwell said...

Such sweet dreams. When I was little, I was sure I was going to be a mermaid when I grew up. That didn't happen. I live in Kansas, the farther place away from the ocean. Boo. I'm with you on the cute house. Every day I try to make mine more and more adorable. :) Good luck.

How's your weight loss journey going?

The Nautical Owl
Facebook
Etsy
Twitter

Erin said...

I love it!! I just want to travel all the time and blog about it! LOL ;) Shouldn't that be easyt o come by?

I want to host dinner parties more often too!! I love entertaining but our house right now is small and makes it difficult!

Stevie C said...

If I had known owning a penguin was an option, my post would have taken on a whoooolllleee different tone. Also, you're going to be a great step mom!

Emorie said...

All that food looks delicious and is making me hungry!

When I grow up, I also want to travel and be healthy and have a decent paycheck. But, you can't skip Alaska! It is so so pretty. I may be the opposite of you though, I'm weird and prefer the cold :)

xx
Emorie @ oh whimsical me

Deidre said...

I want to visit all 50 states as well...But I definitely want to go to Alaska!

And I want a really awesome kitchen.

Dara said...

I've actually been to Alaska- it wasn't too cold in June! Your list is great and I'm sorry I missed this link up!