Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Payments, News & Pouting - FTF & An Announcement!

Happy Tuesday morning my lovely ladies! I just went back and counted, and today is Week 16 of our First Things First link-up. Wow! That's four months of fun link-ups and posts and meeting some of you girlies that were new around these parts! It's been great hosting my first link-up series, and I've really enjoyed the past four months. And to round out these past four months, we've got an exciting announcement about this link-up at the end of today's post!

In the beginning, Hallie from Life: Oceanside and I hosted this together every week, until Hallie had to put a bit more focus on her very important wedding day. So for the past couple of months, I've had some amazing ladies co-host this link-up with me every week, while Mrs. Hallie was busy planning her gorgeous wedding. Her beautiful wedding day has come and gone, and she's ready to come back. So that means this is the last week of having new co-hosts every week, and I think these are some great ladies to be our final ones :)

This week's co-host's are Kaitlyn at Wifessionals and Joanna at Jaybird's Flight!


And this week's First Things First topics are:

First thing you would do/buy if you won the lottery
First person you call when you get amazing news
First thing you do when you've had a bad day


First thing I would do/buy if you won the lottery
(First, I would tithe my 10% to the church...& pay off my student loans...& then...) Well, since y'all know I'm planning a wedding, I would first want to use the new lotto-money for all of the wedding payments! I mean, I wouldn't go crazy with it, and I probably wouldn't even change too much about the way we're doing things. But it would certainly be amazing to get exactly what we wanted, without having to stress over the budget or finances. I would also put a large chunk of it into our savings account, and forbid us from touching it. It would be our savings, and it would be great to know we have a fall-back in case anything were to happen one day. (I tend to be extremely logical with money most of the time, and I'm also a bit of a tight-wad, so yeah - it's boring, but I would absolutely save a ton of my newly-won lotto money!) And then I would love to use some on our future house together!

First person I call when I get amazing news
It depends on what the news is I guess!? For instance, if it's something that no one else but me knows yet (for example if I were offered a new job or if I just won the lottery or someone wanted to randomly give me a brand new car for no reason), then the first person I would call would be my fiance, Jeff! But if it's something about Jeff and I (for example when we got engaged, or in the very-far-future if we ever get pregnant or if we decide we want to go couples skydiving or something), then the first person I would call would be my Mama! Then immediately after that would be my little sister, Megan :)

First thing I do when I've had a bad day
Hmmm...I'm not sure. I do tend to pout a little bit though, especially if I think I can get a little extra attention from Jeff because of it ;) Maybe I'd just want to eat a piece of chocolate cake? Or cuddle up with Jeff and watch a good movie with a bowl of popcorn. I don't really have too many bad days, but when I do, I just want to do whatever I can to be comfy and cozy and try to make it go away by flooding myself with positive things, people, and love!

If you'd like to join in on this fun link up, check out the super simple 'rules' below, and get to writing! Can't wait to see all the new link ups this week, meet new friends, and read y'all's posts!

1. Write your own post about this week's topics
2. Please follow me, as well as this week's co-hosts, Kaitlyn & Joanna.
3. Put the new button on your post or somewhere on your blog
4. Link up with us! (Link will appear on all three blogs.)
5. Visit some of the other links, and share the love with them on their posts!
6. Spread the word on Twitter and/or Facebook



And now for our exciting announcement -- First Things First is heading in a new direction starting in May! My dear love Hallie will be coming back and joining me again as our permanent host, and we've got a few changes and things to add in. Next week, there won't be a link-up or any topics, but we will each be posting about the link-up, and what you can expect to see starting on May 7! We're both super excited about it, and can't wait to continue working on this little project of ours! So make sure you come back next week for the actual announcement of what's to come with our link-up! ;)

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

I'm excited to see what's going to be happening with this link up!! :)

Robin said...

I like your lottery plans. I would also want to save a good portion of it, so we could live off of that and not have to have jobs. That probably sounds lazy, but I think it would be wrong to keep our jobs when other people out there might actually need the money from them.

Erin said...

I hope you'd at least book a really fancy honeymoon w/ your lotto winnings!!! One splurge is a good thing! And I'm w/ you, I'm a saver! I would feel incredibly guilty if I blew all of my new money! Can't wait to see what you have in store for us next week!

Kadi @ Sheer Serendipity said...

it so nice to just relax with some popcorn and movie wiht your loved ones :)