Monday, April 8, 2013

Positivity on a Monday

Good morning and Happy Monday my loves! One of my friends on Facebook today posed an interesting theory, and I'm going to try it out. She said, what if we were as excited about Monday as we are Friday, would we have a better day today? If we have a positive attitude, maybe the whole day will be more positive! So I'm going to give that a try and we'll see how it goes! :) I mean, I did after all have a pretty great weekend, so I should at least be thankful for that, right?!

Friday I was off at noon, and I spent a couple of hours hanging out with Jeff and the boys at Target, and then his house, before they had to leave to head back home. They were so sweet and loving with me before they left, and it was definitely sad to see them go. But we had a great week together, and had lots of fun, and we'll definitely be looking forward to their longer visits during the summer! After they left, I did some much-needed bra shopping, and lucked out with three new ones, after trying on what seemed like a billion.



After that, I picked up my Mama and we did a bit of shopping, then we met my fam for dinner at Beef O'Brady's. Then we all went to my mom's office, to use their big conference room and table for a giant invitation-stuffing-party for my sister's wedding invitations. It was a loooong night, but we did end up getting it almost completely finished. She just has about 20-30 more to do, once she gets their correct addresses. But at least we had fun all together!



Saturday morning my Mama and I started our day early, and ran around town doing all sorts of errands. Once we were finally done, we came home, and started making the centerpieces for my sister's wedding shower! We had seen them on Pinterest, and we wanted to recreate them, but there was no tutorial or instructions or anything, anywhere, so it was kind of tricky trying to figure it out. But eventually we got it, and I think they turned out great! Not perfect of course, but I still loved them. (And later this week I'll be writing my own tutorial for my blog, and pinning that!) We all got dressed and ready, and headed down to the Florida State campus, because her shower was at the University Center Club. (Which is the fancy part of the FSU football stadium.)


We did our little bit of set-up real quick, and then before we knew it, guests were arriving! We ended up with a great turnout of people, and the shower itself was beautiful. She also got a ton of really awesome gifts, of course! (I can't wait for my turn for showers!!) I was very pleased with everything, and was soo glad I chose to do it there, and have them make the food, rather than deal with the stress and headache of that myself! And I know my sister loved getting to have the shower at "her school," as she always refers to it! (She's graduating from FSU just two weeks before her wedding!)

My beautiful "little" sister, the Bride, and myself, the Maid of Honor!
The hostesses (myself and my Grandmother) with the Bride
L to R: Megan, me, Meagan & Lauren. Friends of both of ours from high school & cheerleading days!
Amanda (long-time family friend), Megan, me.
The ladies in our family. L to R: Me, Grandmother, Megan, Mama, Aunt Suzanne.
Three generations. L to R: Grandmother, Megan, Mama, me.
After the shower, we again loaded everything up, and took it directly to their new house to unpack everything directly where it belongs. After hanging out a bit there, Mama and I left to grab some Chick-fil-A for us and my dad, then we headed home. I later went over to Jeff's house, and we watched the new "Red Dawn" remake, which was really good!

Sunday morning I went to church with my parents, then my mom, sister and I went to Moe's for lunch. And then we went wedding dress shopping for the first time for me!! I tried on about seven or eight or so, but don't think I found "The One." I did actually find a really great option, but I think I can find something better somewhere. So I'll continue to search around and go to a couple other stores, and see what I can find out there! But I am still keeping that one in mind from yesterday. (And even though I do have pictures from yesterday, I can't share them because Jeff reads my blog all the time!) It was just so much fun finally getting to try on that very first wedding dress!! And now I'm so excited to do some real planning and making some more decisions. Bring on the wedding planning!

After a bit more shopping with them, I headed to Jeff's house. We eventually went over to our friend Lacey's house for a cookout and some hangout time! We had a great time sitting in the back yard, watching some of the kids play around and just all chatting with each other. By the time we got back to his house though, I was completely exhausted from the weekend! We put on an old episode of 'How I Met Your Mother,' and I barely made it through it before I finally went home for some much-needed sleep! Oh, and I also spent about six hours texting back and forth with my wedding twin, Kayla, and continue to find out that we have soooo much in common, it's kind of scary. So glad to have found each other in this giant blog-world, and to have made a great new friend!

It was another great weekend spent with family, friends and my fiance. The weather here in Florida should be staying warm from here on out, and hopefully we're done with these stupid cold snaps that keep creeping back in. I really do hope so - because I'm ready for sunshine and summertime! Hopefully we'll make it to the beach this coming weekend, because I could really go for some sand and salty air :)

How were y'all's weekends? Hopefully you enjoyed yours as much as I enjoyed mine! And remember - let's try to have a more positive outlook about Monday, and see if it helps us have a better day today! Happy Monday ladies!

Linking up today with Covered in Grace, Sami's Shenanigans and Synfully Delicious.

10 comments:

Stephanie + Walter said...

Those centerpieces are adorable!! Love them!

Any day you can be positive is a good day :)

Happy Monday pretty lady!

Christy Willis said...

You have such a beautiful family! Congrats on your new bras, why is finding a good bra so difficult?!?! Congrats to your sister getting married and graduating (whoop whoop). Thanks for sharing on Monday Meet Up ;)

Becky said...

Love those centerpieces!! They look so springy - great job! Looks like a fantastic weekend :) I will try to be more positive today - especially since I am actually wearing shorts cause the weather is so great!!

Erin said...

Yayy for bridal showers and all kinds of wedding festivities! How fun that you guys did a giant stuffing party?! Bet that cut down on the time massively-- love her envelopes too!

PS- Love your friends FB comment about positivity too- gonna remember that one :)

Esme said...

I love your dress!

That center piece is beautiful I'll be looking for the tutorial!

Dara said...

looks like a great weekend and great shower - I wish I had a sister!!

Kayla Nelms said...

Just think.. now they get to stuff envelopes with YOU!

Kristyn Monaghan said...

I like your idea of trying to be positive about Mondays! How did it work today?

I tried on a few dresses in Tallahassee at a place in Midtown. I can't remember what it was called but they were really nice and had a great selection there :)

Robin said...

Bra-shopping is surprisingly frustrating at times, isn't it? What bothers me is the way some of them are perfect the first time you wear them, then they are never the same again!

13.1 Miles to Disney said...

Yay for wedding gown shopping! That's so much fun! My weekend was great and I'm so glad FL is warming up like you said. I'm sick of the back and forth weather. I'm going to try to keep the positive outlook all week!