So it's been a while since I last blogged, and I just realized I actually missed doing it! I'm at work right now, so I don't have access to any of the cute pictures that go along with the upcoming stories - but they're all on Facebook anyways, so you can check them out there if you wish :)
Here is a slightly long list of very random things about my life right now:
1. I am obsessed with country music, and listen to almost nothing else. Well, except Celine Dion's "All the Way: A Decade of Song..."
2. I ordered a new "receiver" for my car, and all the parts are in! Tonight I'm going over to my my friend Robert's house for him to install it for me. Then I will be able play my iPod in my car! And it's even supposed to make my factory speakers sound better too. So I'm real excited for that to happen.
3. We (me, Robert, and his bro Jacob) got Gold season passes to Wild Adventures so that we can go to all the free concerts there this summer!
4. There's a possibility I'm becoming obsessed with getting my clothes tailored. I've already gotten a dress and a skirt done, and I just dropped off 2 more dresses. And on Monday I'll be taking a bathing suit. I'm not sure what it is, but I'm always looking at new or old clothes thinking, "Well this would look awesome if this was taken in, or if this part was shorter..."
5. The entire Department of Corrections is moving office buildings right now, so I've been getting to do different tasks, like packing boxes and labeling furniture, and I actually like it. I don't just have to sit at my computer all day, and I like being able to get up and move around a lot more.
6. I unfortunately did not lose 6 additional pounds by Easter. The three weeks surrounding DNow (which was awesome by the way!), I got crazy busy and almost completely stopped zumba/exercising. I have only lost 2 more since my last post. BUT - that does put me only 1 pound away from losing 30 total. Which is pretty dang awesome, despite my little plateau.
7. I was successful at upholding my Lent goals for the entire 40 days. I had fried chicken for the first time last night at church, and it was delish. Now I've decided to only eat it once a week, to remain healthy, but still allow myself some yummy-ness every once in a while!
8. I love my youth group a ton, and enjoying getting to do all the planning and stuff that has come with my new responsibility! Right now, I'm working on putting together our summer schedule of YESS activities (Youth Extreme Summer Spectacular), and I'm way pumped about it.
9. Popcorn is my absolute favorite right now. It's always been in my top 3 snacks (with pretzels and goldfish), but right now it's the only snack I eat. And lately I've discovered that it's even better with a ton of pepper on it. I usually don't salt my food at all, but I put pepper on almost everything. So I thought why not popcorn too? I'm sad I didn't think of this before now actually. Peppered popcorn....mmmm :)
10. I miss all my St. Augustine friends a ton, and I am very much in need of a weekend there at the beach with yall.
11. Moving out may actually be a possibility soon, because I might have found a roommate! It's a girl my sister works with, Emily, and she seems real cool. We met and hung out a little at the Garnet & Gold game a few weeks ago. And we're meeting again next week to discuss, and start looking for a new place. So maybe in a month or so this will become a reality!!
I'll try to not stay away for so long next time. Much love to all my friends and family and any other readers...