Monday, April 1, 2013

"Pesach" is Hebrew for Passover, which is Easter!

Let me begin by explaining my post title, because I just want to drop some knowledge for y'all, to help educate ourselves a tiny bit. "Pesach" is Hebrew for what is known in English as "Passover," which commemorates the story of Exodus. Today, most English-speaking nations call this "Easter," but pretty much everywhere else in the world, this holiday is known as "Pasha," or something derived from it. And I thought that was pretty interesting :)

April is here! And it sure seems to have come fast, am I right?! As fast as the last three months have gone by, I'm sure these next two will fly, because of all the craziness and business that's already scheduled! But let's not get ahead of ourselves, let's first of course recap this past weekend! But since today I'm feeling more like getting out my post a bit quicker, I'm going with a bulleted-style recap, rather than full sentences and storytime...

FRIDAY
Left work early for an interview, that I think went pretty well! Could take up to 2 weeks to hear back though
Jeff and I hit the road to middle-Georgia and ate Burger King for dinner (don't judge, at least I got a Whopper Jr.)
Got to his bro's house, and I chatted with cute little 5-year-old Libby (my niece-to-be!)
And then I fell asleep while Jeff & Brad watched "Red Dawn"

SATURDAY
Woke up kind of early-ish, and hung out with my to-be-SIL, Libby and the baby
Hit the road around 9:30, and met to pick up Jeff's boys at 11:30!
Ate lunch & popsicles with the boys (which dyed their tongues), then hit the road back to Jeff's brother's house
Let the boys play with their cousins for a bit, then we came on back to Tally!
Dyed some Easter eggs at 9:45 at night with their Nana :)

 



SUNDAY
Went to Sunday school and big church on a beautiful Easter Sunday!
Ate lunch with Jeff's family (7 people)
Did some Easter egg hunts with the boys around the house/porch
I provided a craft time for us, which was good and they made cute little "stained-glass" crosses!
Movie-rest time for half an hour, just to recharge a bit
All four of us loaded up and had Easter dinner with my whole family! (14 people)
Did another Easter egg hunt for the boys
Finally took the boys home - let them play for a bit, then finally had more movie-rest time before they fell asleep!







It was a crazy busy weekend, but it was the good kind of busy. And of course we're so glad to have the boys here for their spring break this week! They haven't been down here since right after Christmas, so Jeff was really missing them, and obviously so super excited to get to see them again! This week will be super busy the whole time, but we just want to make the most of the time they have down here with us!

And here's my "Easter mani" I've been sportin' since last Thursday. It's not really too Easter-y, but at least it's kind of Easter colors. And I'm looooving it. So much.


How was y'all's Easter weekend? Did you hunt eggs? Or hide them for some little ones? Did the Easter bunny still visit your house? He came to mine! (Now I have to resist eating every scrap of chocolate and candy he left me all in one day...) Happy Monday and Happy April!

Linking up today with Covered In Grace, Glitter & Gloss, Sami's Shenanigans and Synfully Delicious.

7 comments:

Stephanie + Walter said...

I hope the job interview went well and you hear back soon! And I LOVE your nails!

Megan Colwell said...

You nails look so fun. And that Easter dress is wonderful on you!

I had a lovely Easter. Lots of time with friends and family. Plus we had some perfect Spring weather. It can't get much better than that, right? :)

The Nautical Owl
Facebook
Etsy
Twitter

Becky said...

Looks like a great weekend!! Your nails are awesome! The Easter bunny still came to me and brought me a lot of chocolate! :)

Esme said...

Sounds like you hand an eventful weekend. those pictures were adorable the boys are some cuties.

Andrea H. said...

Love your nails...so creative!! Sounds like a very busy, but fun Easter weekend :) The Easter Bunny definitely still visits me, too!

Kimmyyy83 said...

OMG those boys are SO SO SO SO CUTE!!! I DIE!!!!!

Dara said...

being Jewish, we celebrate Passover, which in Hebrew is Pesach, like you said, but for us it does not mean Easter! They are 2 separate holidays occurring around the same time, much like Hanukkah and Christmas!