Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Place to Call My Own - First Things First

Guys, I'm normally super on the ball with this link-up stuff, but this week - not so much. If you didn't notice, this is getting posted much later than it usually does, and I'm sorry about that! I actually felt a little frantic all morning trying to get it together, and then I was like, "Hey Halez, chill out already. It's not like they'll hate you if it's up two hours later than normal. If anyone even notices at all..." So I did finally chill, but it still took me a super long time. My life is kinda crazy right now, so just bear with me ladies!

Anyways, today is the 13th week of this fun link-up!! I'm so excited for how long this has lasted, and we still have more planned too :) Today's awesome round of co-hosts are some of my favorites because Erin from Love, Fun & Football is not only one of my good blog-friends, she's also my blog designer!! And Syndal from Synfully Delicious is one of the first bloggers who I really started following along with each post of hers!


And today's first topics are all about home sweet home :)

First apartment or house on your own (away from you parents!)
First room you decorated or would like to decorate
First thing you bought for it, or would like to buy


First apartment or house on your own
Right before my junior year of college, in August 2008, I moved into a three bedroom apartment, with three other girls, and one of the girls and I shared the master bedroom. It was only temporary though, because one of the other girls was getting married in November and moving out, so then I moved into her room. But I loooved that apartment, and living with those girls! We had so so much fun, and it was seriously some of the greatest times of my life! Here are a few random pictures I could find of my friends and I hanging out in that apartment at Vista Cove! I ended up living there for two full years, and had seven different girls as roommates for those two years! So much fun :)





First room you decorated, or would like to decorate
Well, for that first apartment, everything was pretty much already done by the time I moved in, so really nothing. Eventually though, all those girls moved out, and I was there for a month or so by myself before new girls moved in, so I had fun buying new trinkets and doo-dads and stuff to fill up some new empty spaces. 

Now, sometime in the not-too-distant future, I'll be moving into a house for me and my husband-to-be! And I'm thinking the first room I'll want to decorate will be my bedroom. I mean, that's where I'll want to go to feel relaxed and comfy, so I want my bedroom to reflect that. And if it's not cute and cozy and at least somewhat "decorated," then I don't think I'll feel very relaxed in there! So, when that time comes, bedroom needs to get cute first. Then definitely the living room.

First thing you bought or want to buy
Actually, Jeff and I have bought something already for our future house! Well, I bought a couple of random pots at Ross about a month ago that I love, but that's not what I'm referring to. We actually bought bedding a couple weeks ago! We are both signed up for daily emails from a website called "1SaleADay," and they had a great deal on bed-in-a-bag's, so we just went for it! The one we both liked the most and were going to get was sold out, but he surprised me by liking a light purple and gray one, so we got that one instead! It's not arrived yet, but I'll be excited to see it when it does! And so it seems that my idea of decorating the bedroom first is under way with that first purchase!

If you'd like to join in on this fun link up, check out the super simple 'rules' below, and get to writing! Can't wait to see all the new link ups this week, meet new friends, and read y'all's posts!

1. Write your own post about this week's topics
2. Please follow me, as well as this week's co-hosts, Erin & Syndal.
3. Put the new button on your post or somewhere on your blog
4. Link up with us! (Link will appear on all three blogs.)
5. Visit some of the other links, and share the love with them on their posts!
6. Spread the word on Twitter and/or Facebook

And if you'd like to prepare and get ready for next week's First Things First link up, start by checking out next week's awesome co-hosts, Rachel from Postcards from Rachel & Tasha from A Lott to Love. And next week's topics are:
1. First Pinterest project or recipe you attempted (fail or success!)
2. First random song that comes up on your iTunes or Pandora
3. First product you use in the shower

8 comments:

Syndal said...

Love it girly!!

Your first place with girlfriends-soooooo much fun!! Now we're just gonna be old and married :)

Nicole McKenzie said...

What is Zach doing in that picture? Those were the days, huh? :)

Robin said...

Decorating your first place together is a lot of fun! It's nice to have a chance to express your own style throughout the house, not just in one room.

Stephanie + Walter said...

Your first apartment looks and sounds like sooo much fun!

Erin said...

We love you no matter what time you post, don't worry ;) Thanks for letting me co-host with you!!

Looks like a lot of fun was had in your first apartment hehe- how fun that you guys can start looking for your own place soon!!

Amy Powell said...

college houses are always so much fun... but honestly I had way more fun putting together my house with my husband. enjoy that!

xoxo, Amy @ Interpret As You May

Rachael SparkFire said...

Your blog is WONDERFUL. so fun to read. I am so excited to follow you via GFC and Bloglovin. I hope you follow back so we can stay in touch xoxo :)

Michelle said...

Take a chill pill lovey :) we are all still hyped up on easter chocolate to notice the time!