Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Protein and Fiber

Today is Hump Day. Which means we've made it halfway through another work-week! It also means today is another Weigh-In Wednesday, and I'm linking up with Erin & Alex as usual. So, let's just get right to it...

Looks familiar doesn't it? That's because it's identical to last week...
Total starting weight = 227
January starting weight = 217
Last week, February 13 = 201
Today, February 20 = 201

And I'm kind of stuck again. But this time, I know it's my own fault. Friday morning I was at 200.5, which was a small loss, but just that much closer to One-derland. Then Saturday morning I went on a big hike with my parents, and afterwards I was at 199! Hooray! But then I was stupid and chose to eat poorly pretty much all day Sunday and Monday. And guess what - now I'm paying for it by getting myself back up to 201. Ugh. At least I know that I can in fact make it back to One-derland! Just no more stupid food decisions for 5 meals in 2 days. Dumb idea Halie, dumb idea.

But, despite the increase in calories and 'unhealthy' foods, I still had a great week, exercise-wise. Here's what my routine looked like since last weeks weigh-in:

Wednesday: 2.05 mile run (305 cals) & Fab Ab February
Thursday: took the day off for Valentine's Day, and ya know, got engaged!
Friday: 1.07 mile run (152 cals)
Saturday: 3.65 mile hike at Maclay Gardens (556 cals)
Sunday: was super lazy alll day, but I needed it
Monday: 1.5 mile walk at lunch time (185 cals) and a 2.09 mile run after work (306 cals) = 491 total
Tuesday: 1.06 mile run (143 cals) and 60 minutes of Zumba (600 cals) = 743 total

For some reason, I felt the need for a post-run photo-shoot on Monday afternoon. And it was crazy windy ;)
As far as food goes all the other days, I did great. Stayed under my calorie count each day - even on Friday when I had a bit of pizza. Starting yesterday, I'm trying to get back to eating super clean again. To start off, I'm trying to be super low-carb for the next two weeks, i.e. - no pasta, bread, rice, potatoes and very low sugar.  And I'm trying to stay away from super processed stuff. And I'll be trying to get in as much protein and fiber as possible. That alone should put me down into One-derland, and soon! It better at least! 

And last night I made a delicious 4-Bean Chili recipe I found on one of my favorite blogs, Keep Calm & Carry On. (Only thing I did different was add only 1 cup of veggie broth, instead of 3.) She's one of my favorite bloggers for a number of reasons, but one of those is she's super healthy, and always shares her tips, ideas, workouts, and clean-eating recipes. And this one didn't disappoint! 

I made it last night for dinner for myself, Jeff and my future mother-in-law, and we all loved it! Well, Jeff said there were too many tomatoes, but he doesn't like tomatoes as it is, so of course he thought that. But I liked it! I brought some of the leftovers for lunch today, and I'm already excited about eating it. Oh, and we did all the math and stuff, and figured out the calorie count. So for a 2-cup serving (the big bowl pictured below is exactly 2 cups), it was only 341 calories! Awesome. And so filling because of all the beans. I would definitely recommend you trying this one out! Oh, and I've never put carrots in my chili before, but I actually really liked them in there. Gave it a great texture, and a tiny bit of crunch, and they're sooo low in calories, they practically don't even count.


Oh and starting this coming Monday, I'm participating in a little challenge with some other bloggers, hosted by Cammie and her husband at Mr. & Mrs. Smith. It's basically a points system, where you award yourself certain amounts of points based on healthy things you do. And then at the end of the 8-week challenge, one person is winning some moolah! She's much better at explaining, so check everything out HERE. You can still pay the $10 to enter and do this along with us, so get over there and check it out!

Sooo -- I'm still sitting at 201 pounds today, but I'm not letting myself plateau again for another week. I am going to keep on pushing, and eat super clean, and I am hoping to see 190-something again in the next couple of days!! Today I'll go back to the high school track and do two miles after work. Then tomorrow is a 1 mile run and Zumba again. I will get past this silly TWO in the front of my weight. I want to see a ONE instead!! Let's do this Halez, let's do this. 

9 comments:

Kimberly H said...

Great job, Hallie! You're doing awesome - and even if you're "still" at 201, that's a huge improvement over where you started, plus it's not technically a "gain" this week! Keep it up girl, you're fabulous! I'm hoping to be in One-derland this summer if I keep up what I'm doing now!

Joanna @ JayBirds Flight said...

Wahoo to your weight loss! Reading your blog is quite motivating :)

Kate said...

You are SO CLOSE to onderland! It's just a zumba step away! You got this!

Are you still doing Fab Ab Feb? I skipped yesterday because my evening muscle mix class left my abs shaky, but got back on the horse this morning. HOLY burn, Batman!

Emily @ {re}discovering home said...

Good for you! I just want to say KUDOS for being brave enough to make this journey public. I am on my own journey right now and it's definitely a daily struggle, so I can relate. SO HAPPY for you for making it this far! YOU GO GIRL!

Lisa said...

Love reading your blog!! Good Job with you weight loss so far!

Sarah Martin said...

I absolutely LOVE your blog! That chili looks so good...think I'm going to have to try it. You'll be in One-derland before you know it!

-Sarah @ messofme.com

Kaitlyn's Life and Blogs said...

Stoping by from the link up. Yeah are almost out of the 200s you can beat those 200s in the ass!! :)

Elizabeth Mayberry said...

proud of you! keep it up!

Cammie Smith said...

Aw, thanks for the shout-out, Hallie! I'm pumped for tomorrow and I'm glad you're participating! :)

Cammie