Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Pounds Lost, Even When Sick...

Good morning blog world. Yesterday I actually took a sick day off of work, and today I'm still feeling pretty crappy. It's just a cold so I can't complain too much, but still -- it's just not fun. I'm drinking a cup of Emergen-C and a cup of hot tea right now, and waiting on my meds to kick in. My nose is stuffy and my throat hurts, and my head feels kinda heavy. Ugh. So gross. Hopefully I'll start feeling better soon, or this is going to be a loooong day at the office...

But despite the fact that I'm feeling so gross, I'm still coming here today for the usual Weigh In Wednesday link up with Erin & Alex. So let's get right to it - here's what my scale looked like this morning:


Initial starting weight = 227
January starting weight = 217
Last week, February 20 = 201
Today, February 27 = 199.5

That means I had a 1.5 pound loss since last Wednesday! Hooray! And I'm in ONE-derland now!!! But, I need to be honest here, because there's more to it than just that. On Friday morning, I actually weighed in at 198.5, which I was stoked about. And then Sunday morning I was at 197.5, which I was even more stoked about! At 197 pounds, that means I had hit a loss of 30 total pounds since my initial starting weight of 227! And I was sooo dang excited.

Well by Sunday afternoon, I was already feeling crappy, and my one mile felt sooo hard. Then Monday and Tuesday the sickness was here in full force, and I didn't work out even the tiniest bit. And I ate some pizza last night even after I had a salad. Oh, and three fun-sized Snickers... So that's how I got up to 199 again. BUT. I'm not too upset about it. Because that still means I'm two pounds less than I was last week, and once I feel better again, I can push myself back down to 197, hopefully pretty quickly. 

Here's my exercise schedule from the past week, along with calories burned:

Wednesday: 2.69 mile lunch-time walk (379 cals) and 1 mile run after work (150 cals) = 529 total cals
Thursday: 1.01 mile run (134 cals) and 60 minutes of Zumba (600 cals) = 734 total cals
Friday: Road trip day, so I didn't do anything
Saturday: Birthday party and road trip day, so I didn't do anything
Sunday: 1 mile run (139 cals)
Monday: Sick, so I didn't do anything
Tuesday: Sick, so I didn't do anything

I'm hoping by today after work, I'll be feeling much better, and I can actually get out and do something! Even if it's just a quick mile at the high school track. It's kind of weird for me, but I actually did miss being able to run and go to zumba the last couple of days. Normally, I would welcome a skip day or something, but now I'm actually starting to like exercising and working out, so it seems I miss it when I can't do it! Who am I?!

And as for a non-scale victory this week (to link up with KTJ Weighing In), I submit to you the photo evidence below... I hadn't worn this dress since December, and when I put it on the other day, I could feel and see a difference in the way it fit. How awesome did that make me feel?! It may not be huge differences to you, or maybe you can hardly see them, but I certainly can see the difference, and that alone is enough motivation to keep pushing me! (Oh, and on the right I was actually 198 pounds, but I was silly in my PicMonkey editing apparently...) And those little arrows are pointing out the places where I can see physical differences and where I look smaller. (Face, upper arms, boobs, waist and tummy.)

Oops, the picture on the right should actually be 198 pounds... 
And on another health-related note - this Monday was when I started the Gettin' Healthy challenge with Cammie at Mr. & Mrs. Smith. We give ourselves certain amounts of points each day for doing healthy things like drinking 64 oz. of water, exercising, eating veggies and avoiding junk food. Yesterday I kinda sucked it up and didn't do so well, point-wise, but I'm planning on getting back on track with that today! The top three finishers at the end of our 8-week challenge get prize money!! That's a motivator for sure!

So, even though I've been feeling pretty bad the last couple of days, I was still able to report a total loss for the last week, even if it's not as much as it should have been, based on my Sunday morning weigh in. Oh well. I know I can make up for it and get to feeling better, and get to weighing less! Here's to another week of healthy eating and exercising, and pushing myself even further! 

My goal for next week is to be back down to 197 pounds, so I can truly report 30 total pounds lost. And then my short term goal for the next few months is to be at 185 for my sister Megan's wedding, which is mid-May. That means 14 more pounds to go in the next 2-ish months. I know I can do this!!!

24 comments:

Ricci said...

Awesome!!! Sorry you are sick girly!!! Your waist does look smaller in your 199 pic :)

Sara Pilling said...

Keep up the good work Halie. You'll thank yourself for it when you reach your target weight. x

Robin said...

I hope you feel better soon. Wow, that before and after picture is awesome!

Erin said...

Girlfriend, you are looking absolutely fabulous. I am seriously so proud of you, you are DEDICATED! And I can def tell a difference in your pictures.... keep it up, Halie!! And feel better, I'm sick too- no fun!

Stephanie + Walter said...

Girl, you are looking great!!!!!

I've been battling a cold all week. It sucks!

Kates @ You Betcha Baby said...

Welcome to ONE-derland! You are doing amazing and I know you will hit 30 LBs murdered by next Wednesday. I had the nasty cold last week and after 1 mile on the treadmill I thought my head was about to explode. Keep up the awesome work because the picture looks great!

Miranda said...

Girl, you are looking amazing! I can definitely tell a difference in your pictures, and that's a really cute dress!

I hope you feel better soon!

Laurie Hoffman said...

There is a huge difference between those two pics, first in your physical size and secondly in the way you carry yourself! You look so much more relaxed in your body :) I have no doubt that you will hit your goal for your sister's wedding!

Limefreckle said...

You are where I want to be next week! I'm working to get into the wonderlands too!! Pics look great, you can totally see your loss. Keep up the great work!

Joanna @ JayBirds Flight said...

I hope you feel better...but you are looking like a hottie mctottie!

Megan said...

You are doing amazing! Keep up the good work!!! I can't wait to get to onederland!!!

Kimmyyy83 said...

Still in onederland! You are looking good!

Cammie Smith said...

Aw, that stinks you've been sick. :( Your before and after pics look awesome, though!! Excited to see how they are at the end of the 8 weeks! :)

Alphabet Soup Momma said...

You are doing great girl! Keep it up!

Jenn said...

looking good!

Katherine - Real Food Runner said...

Pretty nail polish :)

http://therealfoodrunner.blogspot.com

katie@thecarbmonster said...

You look amazing in that dress!

dramallama said...

I can see a difference in all the areas you mentioned, plus your calves.. They look more defined and toned. Lookin good!

Kaitlyn's Life and Blogs said...

Aww I'm so proud of you!! You will def be in the 185 by your sister's wedding. Girl I love that dress. :)

SH said...

Good for you - this is amazing!!

Sheree
The Hartungs Blog
thehartungs.blogspot.ca

Ashlee said...

Hey I am visiting from the link-up! I love that dress, and how awesome is it to have the visual perspective of all of your hard work! There is a major difference there! good job! You can totally lose that weight by your sisters wedding!!

Melinda Ott said...

Welcome to Onederland!

Meg @ Fit Tone Groove Mama said...

You look fantastic!

Madalyn W said...

Just found our blog on the link up at ktj! You are doing amazing! I cannot wait until I hit under 200 again! Keep up the amazing work. Your transformation is amazing already!

Madalyn

www.lifebymads.blogspot.com