Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Prom, Mornings & Heart Break - First Things First

Good morning my friends! Today is week 6 of our First Things First link-up with myself and Hallie from Life: Oceanside! Here's the deal - we give  you the topics every week, you write your post, put our button on your post, link-up with us, and spread the word! Then of course visit the other links to see their posts as well!

First, we have some exciting news -- we'd like some of you lovely ladies to co-host this with us each week! If you would like to get in on this action, just fill out the form! CO-HOST First Things First

And now moving on to our regularly scheduled post -- this week, we're talking about:

First thing I do when I wake up in the morning
First heart break
First prom or school dance

First thing I do when I wake up in the morning
Empty my tiny, child-sized bladder. Anyone who knows me in real life knows how true this is...I get made fun of all the time for this small issue of mine. Whatever, there's really nothing I can do about it! Moving on though...after that, I check Instagram and play Words with Friends. Duh. And I might also browse Facebook for a few minutes, and catch up on some emails. But I'd say mostly I'm just scrolling Instagram... (here's some of my recents)


First heart break
Well, since Jeff is the only real boyfriend I've had, I haven't had the typical 'boyfriend-broke-my-heart' experience. (And I'm really hoping to keep it that way...) However, I was super best friends with a boy in high school, who ended up breaking my heart even though we weren't even dating. We were really close from 10th-12th grades, and did soo much together - church, games, dinners, movies, concerts.... We also lived close to each other, so he even picked me up every morning for school for a while, because he turned 16 before I did. Then in the last month or so of high school, we got into a big dumb argument, and yelled and fought and things weren't pretty. We kind of moved on, but avoided each other for a month or so. Then I tried to fix things with him at youth summer camp, and he was a butt head and wouldn't accept my apology or even talk to me. And that seriously broke my heart. He left to go away for college about a month later, and I have only spoken to him probably twice since then in the past seven years...

First high school dance or prom
Since I went to a tiny Christian school from kindergarten through 12th grade, we didn't really have many dances and such. Really, all we did was the junior and senior prom that our parents put on for us. My junior year, myself and 4 or 5 of my girlfriends all skipped prom and went to see Relient K in concert instead! And it was totally worth it. So then my first high school dance was my senior year, when I went to a public high school's homecoming dance, with one of my friends from church! It worked out good too, because my friend Crystal (who had also gone to the Relient K concert with me before) was also asked by a friend from our church, and we could go together! 

And the only other time I went to a high school dance was for my senior prom! My date was one of my best friends, and we went with a giant group of girls and guys all together. We all met first to take pictures, then we ate at Outback (I think?!), and headed to the prom all together! My date-friend didn't want to dance too much, but I went out on the dance floor without him! It's more fun to dance with your best girl friends anyways :) Afterwards, we all went back to the house we took pictures at, to enjoy some midnight snacks, watch "Heavyweights," (we were obsessed with it that year), and then we had a giant sleepover! We woke up to pancakes and OJ from her parents, and made fun of the still-snoring boys :) So many fun memories!

I know the quality is terrible - they're crappy scans of printed pictures, so it's the best I could do today...

So ladies, go write your own posts about these three firsts, and join in the fun! The 'rules' are simple: write your post, include our button, link up with us, spread the word, and visit others! Easy right? And while you're at it, you can prepare for next week's post with these topics:

1. First thing you do at the gym
2. First date with your current significant other
3. First email address

Spread the word about our link-up by tweeting about it! And then link up with us below!


6 comments:

Robin said...

I also have to pee often...I get up at least twice a night.

SMD @ lifeaccordingtosteph said...

I hate having to get up to pee.

Becca Moss said...

Such a cute link up! I participated and linked up, looking forward to next week! (:

Hallie @ Life:Oceanside said...

love this, and the prom story.
Heavyweights? soo funny!

Amy @ Living n Learning said...

Seems like checking social media is one of the first things a lot of us do every morning!

Rachel said...

Love this link up. My little sister had her first HS heartbreak this year and I felt so bad. :( I remember in high school/college, break ups felt like the end of the world for some reason.