Friday, February 15, 2013

Penmanship - Round 2

Remember a couple months ago when I found a super cute blog (Something Charming) with a super cute idea (Write It Down & Link It Up)? Well I jumped at the chance then to do her first Write It Down post, and I loved it! So when I saw she was doing one for Valentine's Day as well, of course I had to jump at that one too! So go to her post here to check out her beautiful handwriting, as well as a ton of other blogger ladies that have linked-up as well!

Something Charming

This was a simple project I made as part of Jeff's Valentine's Day present. And while it's not a lot of writing, it's enough for me to show my handwriting a little bit! I love the way it turned out, and I can't wait to hang it up in his room this weekend! :) I've had this done for a few days now, but couldn't post it before giving it to him, since I know he reads this!


The project itself was super easy too. All I did was rip some pages from an old book (I keep this one specifically for craft projects like this!), tore up tissue paper into little pieces, Mod-Podge-ed the tissue paper in heart shapes, and then broke out the crayons! Jeff actually loves those little swirly's I drew, and thinks I do my 'best work' with Crayons :) So I did those two things especially for him! Then I just used thin twine and festive washi tape! So, so easy, and still super cute. He loved it too, and thinks it looks great!

Oh, and even though I haven't posted all of the exciting details yet, if you've haven't already, you  might want to check out my announcement from earlier this morning, for the Preview of My Special Night!!!

5 comments:

Sarah Martin said...

These are gorgeous!

-Sarah @ messofme.com

Kimmyyy83 said...

Congrats again girl!!!

Sarah said...

cute! where did you get your washi tape? and congrats!! enjoy wedding planning- it's fun but it goes too fast!

Cammie said...

love what you did! oooh, and congrats on the engagement!! hey, do you have an email? I wanted to invite you to participate in another linkup-type thing, but couldn't find your contact info! you can email me at cambellsoup [at] gmail [dot] com and I'll fill you in. :)

Amy @ Living n Learning said...

That looks like a really neat project to do. I love the swirly's too! Jealous that you can do that kind of thing because I definitely cannot.