Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Plummeting

Today is Weigh-In Wednesday again friends, and of course that means I'm linking up with Alex and Erin! And today I've finally got some good news to share with y'all after a blah weigh-in last week...


Initial starting weight = 227
January starting weight = 217
Last week, February 6 = 204
Today, February 13 = 201

Holy awesomeness! That's three pounds down from last week people! My weight has started Plummeting again!! Honestly, I had already pre-written this post yesterday with what I assumed my weight would be. I thought I would be around 203, meaning only one pound lost in a week. But I got to come in here this morning and erase that whole paragraph about how 'I won't get discouraged with only a one pound loss, and blah blah blah.' And now I get to write about how excited I was to see 201 pop up on the scale this morning! I weighed myself three different times today just to make sure, and then I did a happy dance as I was getting in the shower. For realz. 

Also, I've decided to start sharing the inches lost as well, because that's actually been huge for me the last couple of weeks! So huge in fact, that I have a hard time believing it's accurate. But I'm pretty sure it is, since I've measured multiple times just to make sure. The last time I measured was last Thursday night, so I may have lost even more since then, but as of now, I've lost 17 total inches so far this year!! (I was going to share actual numbers, but left my notebook where it's all written down, and I don't remember all those details.)

And I've been doing pretty good with my eating too. Most days I stay under my total calorie goal (with the exception of a few cookies after family dinner, or a cheat meal I don't even bother counting), but for the most part, I'm making healthy food choices and logging everything into MyFitnessPal!

Now, here's how I did with my exercising this past week, since last Wednesday, including calories burned:

Wednesday: 1 mile run/walk (140 cals) and Fab Ab February
Thursday: 1.01 mile run/walk (136 cals), 60 minutes of Zumba (600 cals) and Fab Ab February
Friday: slacked off quite a bit, but still did Fab Ab February
Saturday: ran errands and walked all over town, but not much more than that...
Sunday: 2.08 mile run/walk (300 cals) and Fab Ab February
Monday: lunch-time walk with my Aunt (177 cals) and Fab Ab February
Tuesday: 1 mile run/walk (140 cals), 60 minutes of Zumba (600 cals) and Fab Ab February

I was pretty excited for Zumba yesterday. It's just so dang fun!

GUYS! Did you see that 2-miler I did up there on Sunday?! I won't even lie about this a little bit, but I was sooo impressed with myself for that one. And I really did run about half of it. And you know what? I felt great afterwards! I pushed pretty hard during that run, and once again surprised myself with how much I was actually able to run. I might be starting to like this running thing a little bit more...but Shhhh! Don't tell too many people yet until I completely make up my mind.

Tonight I'm going back to the local high school to run on their track and I'm going to attempt to do another 2-miler. Of course it will be pretty slow, but that's OK. Because I'm getting better with each and every run! Back in August when I first started running a little bit, my mile took about 16:05. Sunday's first mile was 14:37, and then last night I did it in 13:56!! See? I'm getting better and faster with each mile I run. I can feel it.

It feels great to have been able to push past my Plateau from the last few weeks, and finally start seeing more results from all my hard work! I can't wait to keep up my new workout habits, and continue pushing forward on this workout journey! Oh, and check out all these sweet new workout gear one of my bestest friends Dani sent me yesterday! I was so surprised when I opened it, and I just sat there going through the package with the biggest smile on my face the whole time. And of course she wrote me the sweetest card to go along with it. It made me super happy :) I'll be wearing to that on my run today, as well as some of the socks and one of the new headbands!! Thanks again Dani-Pants! You are so stinking awesome and I love you girl!

New shirt, little jacket, no-slip headbands, fun socks and a meal planning notepad. Such awesome goodies!
This was a great start to my day today, and definitely keeps me motivated to continue to push hard. I'm so determined and focused and motivated right now, and I can't wait to see how far I can keep pushing myself!! How are y'all doing on your weight loss journeys? I know I'm not the only one working on this! Feel free to share your stories, tips and yummy healthy food ideas, because it's so much better to do this with friends!

18 comments:

Mallory Hermann said...

Congrats on the weight loss! You look great. I had a pretty negative weight loss post Monday but then yesterday my weigh in was good. We just have to keep pushing!

Ricci said...

CONGRATS girl!!!!! That is sooooo exciting!!!! You may just inspire me to lace up my tennis shoes and start running :)

Is it weird that I just realized all of your posts start with a P-word??

jess said...

Congrats girl! You are doing an AMAZING job! Such an inspiration!

Ryan said...

Yay! Congrats, girl! :)

Kristen said...

New follower here! I am so excited for you and your progress. I am on a weight loss journey as well, and I hope to make some remarkable progress myself.

Miranda said...

Congrats! You're doing awesome!

Zumba is so much fun. And it burns around 600 calories in an hour? You can't beat that! I've never been to an actual class, but I do it a couple times a week on the Wii. I want to find somewhere to go and do it!

Miranda

Emily said...

Whoooot!! You're killing it, girl!

Kimmyyy83 said...

You are going to be in the ONEder club in no time! Keep it up girl!!!!

Clara Schoen said...

You go girl! Im so proud of you!!! Keep up the amazing work!!

Meg @ Fit Tone Groove Mama said...

Congrats on the loss! Love the picture & colorful clothing:)

Kimberly H said...

Awesome job!! That's so exciting when you see the scale dropping! :)

Kaitlyn's Life and Blogs said...

stopping by from the link up. Yeah!!!!! :). And your are almost out of the 200s!!!! :). Girl so proud of you!!

SMD @ lifeaccordingtosteph said...

YAAAAAY!

bailey j said...

Ouh! I love work out clothes.. I need some new ones asap. What an awesome gift and awesome friend :) awesome loss - way to go :)

Joanna @ JayBird's Flight said...

Wahoo, congratulations on 3 pounds down this week! I know that seeing those numbers can give so much more motivation! What is your calorie intake goal if you don't mind me asking? Keep up the amazing work, you're an inspiration!

Amy @ Living n Learning said...

Congrats!!! Seems like where you thought you would weigh in today is where I ended up and I was where you ended up last week so we basically switched places. Bummer for me but yay for you! You're such an inspiration though so I know if I start putting my mind to it and making the right choices I will get where I need to go. Tomorrow marks day 1 back in the gym and working out.

Again, congrats on an awesome weigh in!

Shesabigstar said...

AWESOME job... you're going to be in the 100's in no time and I KNOW that will feel good to get through that milestone. Can't wait to get there myself!

gayle t. said...

HOLYCRAP, lady! AWESOME JOB!!!! SO proud of you!!!! Keep it up! Yay!

​xoxo,
Gayle | Grace for Gayle