Thursday, February 14, 2013

Proof He Knows & Loves Me

Happy Valentine's Day blog-world! Like a ton of other girls out there, I really do like Valentine's Day a lot. And it's not just because I have a boyfriend. I've always liked it even when I was single. My roommates and I used to decorate our college dorm room, even when none of us were dating anyone. It's just a fun holiday filled with so much 'happy love!' (As my friend and former roomie Emily calls it!) And it's full of red and pink and hearts and glitter and all sorts of girly things - so how could I not love Valentine's Day?! But yes, I will at least admit, that having a boyfriend for Valentine's Day definitely makes it so much better :)

So today I'm linking up with one of my favorite bloggers, Melissa at The Life of a Not So Ordinary Wife, for a special Valentine's link-up! She provided the questions below, and both myself and Jeff answered them, to see how well he knows me and our relationship! I answered them first, then we sat down and I asked him all of them, while I typed away! So let's see how he did!


How long have you been dating?
Halie: Officially Boyfriend/Girlfriend for 1 year, 6 months, 4 days. But we've been dating for 1 year and 9 months.
Jeff: 1 year, 6 months, 4 days.

Where was your first date?
Halie: Zaxby's, during our lunch break from work! And it was spontaneous. Since we met OkCupid, we had been chatting online, through text and phone calls for about 2 weeks, when suddenly one morning he asked if I wanted to meet him for lunch!
Jeff: I'm gonna say Panera... is that it or was it somewhere else? No? Where was it?

Where was your first kiss?
Halie: In the parking lot after lunch at Panera, when he walked me back to my car. So romantic right?! Haha. At least I had told them to hold the onions on my sandwich that day! ;)
Jeff: Ohhh, that was Panera. In the parking lot.

Who said, "I love you" first?
Halie: Me, and it took him about 2 more weeks to finally tell me, although I knew he actually did already!
Jeff: She did. In St. Augustine. (When I told him what I had said after he answered, he said, "True story.")

What was our best date?
Halie: Summer 2011, on one of our many beach trips, about 3 months into our relationship. We wandered down the beach right before sunset, ate dinner at The Blue Parrot, and then walked along the beach in the full moonlight. Then we just sat down in the sand and had a great conversation and got to know a whole lot more about each other.
Jeff: It was the impromptu trip to St. George Island, and we walked along the beach for about an hour or so, picked on some crabs, and then ate dinner at The Blue Parrot. The water was so calm, the moon was out and the sky was clear, and we just sat on the beach and talked and learned more about each other.

What is her most commonly used phrase?
Halie: "Eef you say so!"
Jeff: The first one is "I love you!" and "Oh puh-lease!" is tied for second with "Sheesh!"

What is the best meal she has ever cooked you?
Halie: He'll probably say the chicken Alfredo skillet meal, which is embarrassing since basically all I did was heat it up... I promise I've cooked other good things for us though!
Jeff: I don't know, I would honestly say that chicken Alfredo skillet thingy. You did that up good babes.

What is the worst meal she has ever cooked you?
Halie: The very first time I ever cooked for him! Of course I was trying to impress him with my skills, and I seriously burned some chicken. I smoked up the whole house! It was not good. I was upset and kinda embarrassed, but I managed to salvage most of the meal, and he still insisted it was good :)
Jeff: That smoky chicken that smoked up the entire house. We had to open up every window and turn on every fan, and it was still smoky for a few hours!

What would she say is your most annoying habit?
Halie: When he picks at his cuticles non-stop! Especially if his arm is around me, and I can feel him doing it...
Jeff: Not listening or paying attention. And a close second is picking at my nails.

What is the last thing she does before she goes to bed?
Halie: Technically it's text him good night, but after that I may pick up a book or scroll Instagram really quick :)
Jeff: Well  I'd say she reads, checks Instagram & gets in some super comfy clothes. Then she texts me to say good night.

If you could throw out one item of her clothing what would it be?
Halie: Maybe not any clothes, but there are definitely plenty of perfumes and lotions he doesn't like.
Jeff: Well if it wasn't any clothes, it would definitely be some of the old lady perfumes.

What would you say is your favorite thing about her?
Halie: He loves that I am so silly and goofy almost all of the time!
Jeff: How super stinking cute she is all the time! And that she's crafty, and smart and I can have a decent conversation with her (except about nerdy computer stuff).

What's her blog's name?!
Halie: I know for sure he knows it! He even based my Christmas presents off of it a little bit :) Edited to add: he also just told me my Valentine's presents are too, but I have to wait until tonight for them!
Jeff: (chuckles) Penguins, Pasta & Polka Dots!


I'd say he did a pretty great job answering those! He does know me really well, and it seems he remembers the 'important' stuff about our relationship too :) Since he got so many things right, I'd say that's Proof He Knows & Loves Me! And I sure do love him. This was so much fun answering these myself, hearing his answers, and writing this post! Thanks to Melissa for dreaming up this fun idea for Valentine's Day!

And to my sweet Boyfriend: First, great job on these babes. I'm impressed. Second, I am beyond excited for whatever you've got planned for us tonight! You've been working on presents and plans for a couple weeks now, and I can't wait to finally see what it all is. Thank you in advance for everything, and for all you've done to plan for tonight! Oh, and most importantly, thank you for being my Valentine :) Love you!!

17 comments:

SMD @ lifeaccordingtosteph said...

I loved reading this! Cute.

Stephanie + Walter said...

So cute!!!! :)

Megan said...

so sweet :)

Robin said...

Cute answers. :) I have never tried to meet someone online, but I think that there are a lot of negative stereotypes/ideas about it.

Sarah said...

He got the first question right now to the day- that's a keeper :) haha

Kate said...

This was adorable.

It's so cute that he thinks your most commonly used phrase is "I love you." :-D

CaninesCouture said...

Cute post! Happy Valentine's Day to you and your man. :)

xoxo,

Jules of Canines & Couture
www.caninesandcouture.com

jen @ grown in southern ground said...

so cute that he picks your presents to match your blog name :)

Mei said...

So fun!
I hope you guys have an awesome outing tonight!

Jennifer said...

I am beyond impressed that he knows TO THE DAY how long you guys have been dating. My husband and I an barely remember the day we met. Sometimes the year even stumps me.

Have a great night!!!!

Ramblings of a Suburban Mom

Jamie K. said...

Totally Cute!

Cait said...

omg this is so sweet :) love both your answer and that you both know each other so well!!

Jennifer Bramlett said...

Hi there, I am a new follower and I loved this post! It is so stinkin cute, I might have to steal your questions to see if my husband knows me half as much. Can't wait to read more. :)



fashionhungrymommy.blogspot.com

jess said...

Ah! Adorable. He did good! I've been with my husband for 7 years and I'm afraid we probably wouldn't get any of these right! haha

Joanna @ JayBird's Flight said...

Oh Lordy this was an adorable post...maybe my favorite of the day! All I can say is you two are so blessed to have each other, your love is so evident. Amazing!

Jennie said...

So sweet!

Maria-Isabel @ Agape Love Designs said...

This was seriously SO cute! I was smiling the whole way through reading it! How cute are you too, and that he knows you so well he even answered almost exactly how you did! ADORBS! ♥

~Maria-Isabel
www.agapelovedesigns.com

p.s. So glad you got in on that ad sale yesterday! Im so looking forward to getting to know you more and promote your blog! ♥