Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Pride, Accidents & the Fridge - First Things First

Good morning and happy Tuesday blog world and friends! I don't know if y'all have noticed or not, but I'm always super happy and peppy and excited on Tuesdays. And that's because I'm reeeeally loving our First Things First link up! Last week's link up however, was rough you guys. Why? Because it made me sooo hungry and crave such unhealthy things! I read each and every one of your posts that you link up, and so seeing almost 30 posts full of delicious food was kind of torturous for this girl who's trying her hardest to eat right! I'm thinking I need to ban food-related posts in the future, or maybe just do healthy food-related ones!

Today we've got two more awesome ladies co-hosting with me, and I know you'll love them too! Today's co-hosts are Jess @ City Sequins and Robin @ The Sunshine Diary! And once Robin sent me that beautiful, tropical picture of her and her man, I knew I had to make a theme out of it, and made sure Jess and I got in on the beachy action too :)


And this week's First Things First topics are:

First thing I reach for in the fridge
First car accident or traffic violation
First BIG accomplishment I'm proud of


First thing I reach for in the fridge
Well that all depends on a lot of different factors, but mainly the time of day. Is it morning? Maybe I'm reaching for some strawberries. If it's lunch time? Then I'm probably grabbing some condiments for my veggie burger. For my afternoon snack? Definitely a low-fat string cheese stick. And dinner time? That could be only Lord knows what... 

First car accident or traffic violation
Sooo, anyone who knows me in real life knows that this used to be a big issue for me... in high school, I had two speeding tickets, and a handful of minor accidents before I even made it to graduation. The first ticket or accident I had was a speeding ticket just three months after I turned 16. However, I already recapped my first speeding ticket issue back in my first ever First Things First post, so instead I'll tell you about my first accident...

However, I'm really embarrassed about this actually, because it just proves what a typical, dumb blonde I was in high school. (Really, I have gotten much better now. And I'm hardly even blonde anymore...!) But it was around June of that same year, so I'd only been driving for about five months. My sister and I had gone out to my Uncle's house to go swimming one night. When it was time to leave, I put the top down on the convertible, and just started backing down their extremely long driveway, without paying too much attention. And then BAM! I backed right into a tree. It crushed the right side of my back bumper and shattered the tail light as well. I of course freak out and start sobbing uncontrollably like my world had just ended. It was a major deal people.

And the reason I feel so stupid about this - is because I was in a convertible, with NO blind spots or anything, because the top was down. There's no reason I shouldn't have seen a giant TREE! But such is life, and I had to learn the hard way that I can't reverse down a driveway and talk to my sister at the same time, without a care in the world...

First BIG accomplishment I'm proud of
I feel like that's kind of hard to say actually. I mean obviously, I'm proud of my college degree. But I think anyone that has one would say they're proud of it. So I'm gonna go with back in 2011, when I successfully lost 35 pounds for the first time! I started out at 227 pounds in April 2010, and by August 2011, I was at 192 pounds! That was definitely an accomplishment I was proud of. Unfortunately, I didn't keep it all off, and so now I'm fighting to re-lose some of that again. At the beginning of January 2013, I was 217 pounds again. As of today though, I'm back down to 197 pounds! And my goal is to be 185 by mid-May for my sister's wedding! You can read my entire weight loss story here and you can read all of my weight loss posts here.


If you'd like to join in on this fun link up, check out the super simple 'rules' below, and get to writing! Can't wait to see all the new link ups this week, meet new friends, and read y'all's posts!

1. Write your own post about this week's topics
2. Please follow me, as well as this week's co-hosts,  Jess & Robin.
3. Put the new button on your post or somewhere on your blog
4. Link up with us! (Link will appear on all three blogs.)
5. Visit some of the other links, and share the love with them on their posts!
6. Spread the word on Twitter and/or Facebook



And if you'd like to prepare and get ready for next week's First Things First link up, start by checking out next week's awesome co-hosts, Carrie @ The Carrie Gland & Allie @ Tales of a Twenty Something.
1. First real piece of jewelry you owned
2. First magazine subscription
3. First time staying home alone

10 comments:

Stephanie + Walter said...

Congrats on your weight loss!!! You look fab!

Syndal said...

you're doing sooooo great with improving your health! you look so awesome!

Emily said...

Why can't I ever remember to link up with you!?!? hahaa---I'll have to link up tomorrow...or later on tonight. :)

**You're looking good, girl!

Kelly said...

Congrats on your weight loss - you look awesome! :)

Do you have any veggie burger recommendations?! I've tried one once a few years ago and wasn't crazy about it but I've been wanting to try them again!

Robin said...

You're one of my weight-loss inspirations. :)
I think I could have done the exact same thing in a convertible car. Trust me.

jen @ grown in southern ground said...

your weight loss is inspiring... i have lost 11 pounds so far but would love to lose 35+!

Laurie Hoffman said...

Your tree accident remind me of trying to sneak out in the middle of the night with my headlights off and driving through a fence... Talk about teenage cockiness!!

Meg Hodson said...


Visiting from the GFC blog hop. Now following via GFC. Thanks so much!

http://www.happykidsincblog.com

Allison said...

What a fun link up! I'll have to remember this for next week!! And congrats on your weight loss. You look great!

Jessica @ City Sequins said...

I loved co-hosting this week!! Congrats on looking so fabulous girl!!!! You're inspiring!