Monday, March 11, 2013

Prepping for Springtime

Happy Monday ladies! This is my second post of the day so far, but the first one was simply pictures for the Ten on Ten link up that happens every month. This post is for the usual blogger-weekend-recap, of course!

Friday right after work, I went to the local high school track, and ran/walked two miles! And I think I did an excellent job. My routine is run/walk every other lap for the first mile, and then for the second mile, I run the straights and walk the curves. But I was able to do it faster this time, and I ended up running almost the entire last lap of the second mile, and it still felt great. I mean, I was definitely breathing super hard and out of breath, but it felt great to finish strong and be able to push through it! My total time on Friday was 27:50! Slowly but surely I'm getting faster and better!!

I let my watch run longer, because I forgot to start it for the first lap, and then it was all off from my RunKeeper stats...

After my run, I met Jeff back at his house, and we headed over to house/dog-sit for one of our friends. We made ourselves a delicious dinner of chicken, green beans and couscous, and watched a couple episodes of Fringe! It was a really chill night, and we enjoyed the time to relax and play with the dog before we both went home for the night.

Saturday morning, my family went out to breakfast at Cracker Barrel, and it was soo good. I tried to order as 'healthy' as possible, and then only ate half of the giant meal that came! Afterwards, my mama, sister and I all went shopping for a few hours! We were looking for dresses to wear for the upcoming wedding showers for my sister, but we weren't all successful. My mom got her potential mother-of-the-bride dress (unless she finds something she likes better), and another dress too. And Megan ended up with a cute little dress for her honeymoon. After hours of wandering the mall and Ross, we finally decided we were done for the day. While at Ross though, I found these super cute pots, for only $15 for both! So I bought them and will save them for my future house with Jeffrey :)


Then Jeff and I continued our day of shopping and random stuff, and also drove around to every single used car dealership possible, 'window shopping' for a potential new car for him. (He's been thinking about trading in, in order to get a smaller car payment to start saving more money.) We ate a delicious Faturday (that's not a typo people) dinner outside at Gordo's (pretending it was a bit warmer than it actually was), then did some more shopping at Target. And I got a new pair of undies, in a smaller size!! We also picked up some cookies to bake, and then headed home to watch some more episodes of Fringe!


Sunday of course was spent helping my mama teach 3rd grade Sunday school, and then going to big church just like normal. Then I headed to Jeff's house, and we immediately hopped in the car for another mini road trip down to the coast! We found a cute little restaurant on the water at the marina in Panacea, and ate a really late lunch. Then we went to Alligator Point, and explored Bald Point State Park a little bit, and then drove down the rest of the island! We got to spend a little bit of time on the beach, with our toes in the sand, and taking pretty pictures of gorgeous water. We eventually made our way back to Tally, I painted my fingers and toes, and then once again spent the rest of the night cuddled up watching more episodes of Fringe!





This was definitely one of those great weekends that are slightly busy, but completely full of fun things. I got to spend time with my family and my fiance, and some time in the sun. And I also got to eat some good food, although it wasn't healthy for me at all... And I got to just relax and chill and enjoy some down time too. These weekends are the best. And our mini road trip down to the beach yesterday got me really ready for and craving spring and summer time!! I'm ready for warm weather and lots of sunshine and sun dresses all the time and tan skin. Bring it on Florida!

Hopefully you had at least half the fun and relaxation that I did! I tried Prepping for Springtime this weekend by being outside when possible, and dressing for warmer weather! Hopefully it comes soon :) How were y'all's weekends?!

Oh, and I almost forgot to show off my nails from last week! This was another way of trying to prep for springtime just a little bit more, and usher it in faster, on my nails at least! ;)


Linking up with: Covered in Grace, Glitter & Gloss, Sami's Shenanigans and Synfully Delicious.

15 comments:

Brittany said...

looks like you're having a blast! enjoy the warm weather for me! :)

Linznoel said...

Oh my goodness girl, I am super jealous of your fun Sunday beach trips. No beaches in Oklahoma :( Glad you had a wonderful weekend!

applesandglue said...

Oooh I like your Polar watch! Do you have to wear a heart rate monitor for it to tell you the calories burned?And omg, I am jealous of your beach trip! :)

Bekah @ re·solve said...

I am so incredibly jealous that you are in Florida and enjoying the beautiful beach! Good for you for working out and behaving at the delicious Cracker Barrel!

Robin said...

Beautiful pictures!

Restaurants are tempting for me because of the desire to get something that I can't easily make at home or buy at the store. But I have done a better job of reminding myself that I can have it later, on a day off from dieting.

Helene said...

oh i love those polar watches!! and yay for kicking butt! love the nails!

Stephanie + Walter said...

I wanna go to the beach!!! ahhh such pretty pictures!! Looks like a great weekend :)

Becky said...

Yumm love cracker barrel breakfast!! your nails are so cute too!!

Andrea @ Love is... said...

Way to go on the running, that's awesome! I need to get a watch like that, but every time I look at them, I just get overwhelmed with all the choices! Are you liking that one?

And the beach?! We got hit with a snow storm this weekend, so I'm beyond jealous of that!

Shanna Johnson said...

Girl!!! I am LOVING your blog!!! Awesome. and it's so great to see the progress you've been making. I'm very impressed --big time!!

Much props to you my girl! :)

Shanna www.flipflopshanna.com

Kimmyyy83 said...

Look at your face it is getting so thin!!! you look great lady!!!

Maria-Isabel @ Agape Love Designs said...

Sounds like an amazing weekend! I wish I could go to the coast!

Your nails look awesome. And wow you are starting to really show your weight loss! You look fabulous! ♥

~Maria-Isabel
www.agapelovedesigns.com

Hallie @ Life:Oceanside said...

you guys are so adorable you just make my heart melt:):)

Michelle said...

You always have the cutest nail polish, these look like pretty little easter eggs! :D

Positively Amy said...

oh my gosh I love that watch! I need it. That would totally keep me motivated on runs! and you totally made me want cookies right now!! haha