Friday, June 8, 2012

PicMonkey

So, in stalking around Pinterest and a couple of random blogs this morning, I've found a new photo editing website. I used to like Picasa's "Picnik," but they kind of did away with it, and so I haven't been able to whiten teeth or thinnify photos or brighten the colors in a few months. But PicMonkey is even better than just those few things.

I've just barely begun playing around with it a little bit, but I'm already loving some of the awesome things that it can do. Right now, it's in the trial phase and so the features that you would normally have to pay for, are all free. I guess if they want money eventually, I need to play around a lot with them now to decide if it's worth it or not. But for now, it's all Fo Freeeee!! And I definitely intend on utilizing it as much as possible.

My plan is to play with it for a few months and get really good at making my "ordinary" pictures look at least a little more professional using some of their cool features and effects and other fun stuffs. Then, hopefully it will aid in my attempt to take professional-looking pictures for Megan and Bo to document their new engagement. :)

And remember again those Pinterest boards I was talking about? Well I went and made a new one myself all about Learning Photography. Its all purely research I assure you, and I am of course not enjoying any of the extra time I've spent on Pinterest in the last few days...... *wink*

Here's just one pictures that I've played around with a little bit. The top one is the original, un-edited photo, and the bottom one is what I did in PicMonkey.


EDITS: brightened pic, tuned up colors a bit, whitened both of our teeth, and made myself a little bit more tan.




They're not huge changes, but I do think it enhances the picture at least somewhat. And I'm sure the more I play with the program and learn how to use it, I will obviously get better at it. The site itself is pretty easy to navigate and most of the features are self-explanatory. The couple that I don't know how to use will probably only require a little big of Google-ing in order to learn what it meansa, and then I'll be "burning" and "dodging" things all over the place...

I don't plan on making this my sole photo editing software, as it's still not as simple and quick as Picasa is. It's basically just an add-on editor for photos that just need a little somethin' extra. Still though, I'm pretty psyched to play with it more in the future and make some of my pictures a little prettier!!

Love and happy weekend wishes to everyone!! :)

No comments: