It's a little ridiculous how excited I am that it's Friday now, considering I only worked four days this week. But who cares - it's still Friday, and I'm still excited! It's been a pretty crazy busy week, and the weekend will be just as crazy. We've been trying to get in a ton of wedding planning before June 8, because that's when Jeff's boys get here, and they'll be here for three full weeks! We're obviously excited for them to be here, but it leaves us not much alone time, and definitely not much wedding planning time. So we're trying to cram before then!
And so for today's post, I'll tell you five things about this past week that made it good in the midst of the busyness, because today, we're going back to good ole' High Five for Friday with Miss Lauren!
1. My sister and her new husband hosted their first party at their house for Memorial Day lunch, and Jeff and I were in charge of fruit. So we got festive and made red, white and blue fruit skewers! Yummy, healthy, festive and easy. Perfect.
2. Tried a Lean Cuisine French Bread Pizza for the first time, and that baby was delish. And only 310 calories.
3. We looked at another wedding venue on Wednesday, and we really liked it. Not as much as Maclay, but it was still a really good location. Unfortunately, we found out that Maclay is already booked for all of October, so this new place (The Dogwood House) is now our number one choice. The pro's of this place over Maclay though, is that it's $200 less, and it has more tables and chairs that come with it. We'll probably be booking it in the next few days!
4. Sat through two hours of high school graduation on Thursday night, to see some very special youth of mine walk across that stage. This group was in 6th grade the first year I worked with our youth group, so I've seen them grow up all through middle and high school, and it's been amazing. Last night, about 15 of them graduated, and I was so proud of all of them!
5. Over the years, this special girl has become more than just one of my youth, and I am so glad I got to watch her grow up into the beautiful lady that she is. She is going to do amazing things with her life, and I can't wait to watch her!
And not pictured above is number 6. We finally talked to both of our ministers, and we're all set to go with our wedding officiants! Jeff's dad (who is a pastor) and my old youth pastor/mentor Duncan, will both be officiating our wedding ceremony, and I could not be more excited about that!
So yeah, it's been a busy week. And this weekend will be busy. And next week will be busy. But hopefully at the end of next week, we will have made a lot of progress in our wedding planning, and will be able to breathe a bit. Because holy moly it's only four and a half months away now!! This weekend we have two graduation parties, wedding dress shopping, registering, and a family birthday party. Bring on the fun and the crazy and the busy!