Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Planes, Jobs and CDs - First Things First edition

Today is Round 2 of our new link up, "First Things First," with myself and Hallie from Life: Oceanside! Last week we got a good amount of participation, but we're definitely looking to grow and expand some more this week! Thank you to those of y'all who joined us last week, and welcome to those who are new! We look forward to reading y'alls posts, and getting to learn more about some of your firsts! 

This week is: 1. First thing I wanted to be when I grew up, 2. First time I flew on a plane, and 3. First CD I owned.


First thing I wanted to be when I grew up: 
The first thing I remember really wanting to be was a Crime Scene Investigator. It was in 9th grade and the show was just starting, and I was enthralled. I bought a couple books about it, and tried to learn whatever I could. I even did a report on it once for a class that year! However, my mom tells me that quite a while before that, my first dream was to "be a ballerina and a band." Apparently I not only wanted a ballerina, but I also wanted to be a whole entire band, all on my own. I was ambitious.

First time I flew on a plane:
The first time I ever flew on a plane was January 2006, when I was 18 years old, and on my senior trip in high school! We flew to Denver, Colorado, and then drove about two hours in charter buses to Winter Park, Colorado, where we stayed for a week. Actually, I posted a ton of pictures from that trip back here if you want to check it out :)

Obligatory picture of the wing, clearly this is some great quality photography from my 17-year-old self...

First CD I owned: 
Well, I might have owned other ones before this, but the first one I remember actually being mine was probably Britney Spears, "...Baby One More Time." Classic right? I think I was in 4th grade when this gem came out. I still remember the little flower on the disc, and thinking I was so cool because I had my very own CD. I could practically start my very own CD collection now! Oh the things you think when you're 10...



If you would like to join us for this link up, simply write your own post talking about these specific firsts, put our button on your post, and come back to link up with us and your link will show up on both of our blogs! And then, get ready for next week, with these three questions: 
1. First thing I do when I get home from work
2. First pet
3. First cell phone. 

Oh, and we would appreciate it if you would share this as well on Twitter, in order to spread the word! 
First Things First

6 comments:

SMD @ lifeaccordingtosteph said...

Love this. I'm going to write a note to try to link up next week.

Robin said...

I had that Britney CD, too. At first I hated her, then I went through a phase where I was trying to fit in with the kind of girls who liked her. Aah, those pre-teen and teen years...awkward!

Clara Schoen said...

Bahahaha, a crime scen investigator! I think that would be the last thing I would want to do - Im super freaked out by blood!

PS, just started some Britney on my pandora b/c of ya ;)

Andrea said...

My first flight was to Denver as a senior in high school. Guess that makes us first things first twins :)

Andrea
alhadventures.blogspot.com

Jess said...

Ah, good 'ol Brittany. Backstreet Boys was my first...is that any better? lol

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

How sad is it that I don't even know the answer to these three questions?!