Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Projects for the Wedding Update

Two weeks ago, I posted a list of all the projects that need to be done for the wedding. This morning, I opened up that post hoping I was able to cross a thing or two off the list, and kinda had a freak out when I realized that not one of those things had been done yet. Yikes! Now, that doesn't mean I haven't done anything, but it does mean I haven't done any actual projects.

But that's because the twins are still here, and it's not like a have a ton of free time when there are twin seven-year-old boys running around. So next week, my life is becoming wedding project central. For serious. And I'm super excited about it actually! There are so many fun projects and crafts that I want to do, and I can't wait to finally get started on them.

First up on the agenda though, will be getting our invitations out. As of yesterday, we're exactly two months away from the big day, and so those babies gotta go out in the mail pretty ASAP here! I ordered envelopes last night from an awesome site called envelopemall.com. I got 200 envelopes for just $40.50, including the shipping! And they should be here before Friday. Awesome. Once they're here, I will immediately start addressing them, even though the invites themselves won't be in quite yet.

And speaking of the invitations, I am so stinking psyched about them!! My blog-friend-turned-real-life-friend Angie did an amazing job designing them for us, and I just love them so so much! We're sending them to print through VistaPrint, and I can't wait to see how they turn out in-real-printed-life.

Some things I have actually accomplished are:
- Met with florist and went over flowers and set up and all that jazz
- Ordered invitation envelopes
- Researched my bridal jewelry, and where I can find it for a decent price
- Ordered wedding day shoes!
- Bought some stuff at Hobby Lobby for our cake topper craft
- Ordered the bicycle basket to use for cards on our gift table (gonna cute it up a bit too)
- Figured out our wedding favors
- I feel like there was at least one or two other things for this list, but now I can't remember them....


So things are happening, but obviously (based on the post from a couple weeks ago), there's still a whole lot more to do. But I'm not feeling crazy or overwhelmed with it all, I'm just excited to finally get started. This summer has been super busy having the boys here for six full weeks, and it's made wedding planning during that time very tricky. Now I should have plenty more time to get down to business, and really get moving on some things! I can't wait actually, I'm just so excited to get moving on plans and projects!

Wish me luck as I go into crazy-wedding-planning-mode over the next two months, and feel free to offer up more of you helpful tips and tricks and suggestions and all that, because I'm open to anything!

Much Love,
Halie

No comments: